Camera Not Working on Lumia 820

Muhammed Najaf

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 820 Camera stopped working last February. It was shortly after Amber update but definitely not because that as I clearly remember using it a couple of times after the update. Now when I press the camera button or open the camera / Nokia camera app, it just get closed and returned to the start screen. I performed a hard reset to the phone but camera still doesn't work. It is also noticed that the application which uses the camera flash (like torch) also fails.

Now the phone is upgraded with Windows Phone 8.1 (Dev) but the camera still doesnt work. The warranty got over a couple of months back so Nokia Care is also not an option. Wondering any of you have encountered and tackled anything similar.

Regards

AbD

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The camera crashing happened to my dads L820 because of a corrupt SD card. If you use an SD card, is it a new one, or is it one from an old device?

Muhammed Najaf

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Its apparently NOT an SD card issue. I was thrilled to see this response as I always get this warning of "SD Card Error" while starting the phone suggesting me to repair the SD card connecting to a computer. Nevertheless, it used to work without any issue. After seeing the suggestion I removed the SD card from the phone and started it only to see the camera still was not working. One good thing is that after reinserting the SD card, I am no longer greeted with the "SD Card error" message.

My phone is now on OS Version 8.10.12397.895, including the update which I got yesterday. But the camera or anything related to flash still doesn't work. :-(

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had exact same issue since installing WP 8.1 when it came possible. I also have L820. I'm decided to wait Cyan update and see if it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99