Developer Preview issues?

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
I solved all issues with my 1520, by turning off battery saver & uninstalling glance. Updated today & all is well. I don't know if removing glance was the original problem or battery saver...

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
These are all really helpful observations. Eventually someone will be able to use all this to come up with a definite trigger for strange phone behaviour. I don't like glance and don't believe at all in battery saving apps or features on cell phones anyway, so I'll post any observations when I update today from 8.0. Someone else told me they've never done any resetting at all and their update is working just fine on the same phone as me, the 925.

astro46

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I installed 8.1 on my 925 yesterday. As far as I know, all is ok. I have Glance and Battery Saver running. (I am curious to know why some remove or don't use them. I am new to WP. They seemed like a good idea. No?)
There was the initial app preview installation. and then 3 8.1 updates that came one after the other. (I may have done a manual check for updates, don't remember).

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
If you don't have any issues, continue to use as normal. Some of us that had touch issues with the screen, solved them by turning off battery saver & uninstalling glance. I've taken the new update, but haven't tried reinstalling glance yet.

Last edited:

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've only had touch issues with my screen, when the sensitivity is set to high. I feel the default normal setting is perfect, and feels very sensitive as is.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No email problems here, battery has been improving lately and my 925 only heats up minimally. The last time it did was when I was installing the latest 8.1 update.

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
After the second 8.1 build, I had the most annoying problems. When watching html5 videos on the new web based video player the video would jerk and make my phone blink and then turn on the lock screen, I kept unlocking it to watch the video and eventually my phone would crash. That went away now but with the 3rd build the screen sometimes still does that inverted colors thing every now has then and you have to press the power button to lock and unlock it to fix it , also when I'm typing in the Cortana field box like I used to in Bing , it gets stuck searching on the first try almost every time . I have to back out and retype the search and then Cortana finds the query quickly. Super annoying.

Jordano

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I grabbed my 925 last week and the first thing I did was update its firmware to the Black version (standard procedure). Then I installed the Developer Preview and patiently waited for all the updates to take place. Finally I did a hard reset with no backup restore, following some insights I found in the WPCentral forum.

So far I had only one issue, today: the phone simply lost all the sound, for anything. Vibration was still working, though. I just rebooted and everything came back to normal.

Regarding battery, my first cycle after the updates gave me 8 hours of use. Consider all the updates that was made (Black firmware came on charging and the 8.1 off) and a long phone call, plus some downloads and tweaks, and it's comprehensible. Now I do get more than a day with a single charge, as I'm not always using my 925.

It's still soon to assume I'll be bug free, but so far I'm very happy. If you're feeling adventurous, go for it; I assume the Lumia devices are not as problematic as the Samsung devices for this Developer Preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6