We may finally have an answer - but its a bad one

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing this hasn't launched yet in the US. I haven't been on wpcentral much lately or following Windows Phone news since I ended up getting an Android again but thank god I didn't wait for this phone. I originally was excited figuring they'd announce it in April then release it in May and now here we're half way through June with no solid release date yet.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing this hasn't launched yet in the US. I haven't been on wpcentral much lately or following Windows Phone news since I ended up getting an Android again but thank god I didn't wait for this phone. I originally was excited figuring they'd announce it in April then release it in May and now here we're half way through June with no solid release date yet.

This has launched in the US months ago. It's called "Lumia Icon" and it's a Verizon-exclusive (just like the 1520 is exclusive to AT&T).

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This has launched in the US months ago. It's called "Lumia Icon" and it's a Verizon-exclusive (just like the 1520 is exclusive to AT&T).
Well it was supposed to be rumored to come to AT&T and the other carriers, why would I buy anybody buy an Icon off contract if it won't run 4G LTE on AT&T?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well it was supposed to be rumored to come to AT&T and the other carriers, why would I buy anybody buy an Icon off contract if it won't run 4G LTE on AT&T?

The L930 in the US is a Verizon-exclusive and is under a different name. If you want it, you either switch to Verizon or check the international version bands and see if they work on AT&T and import one. This was never rumoured to go to AT&T.
I think you're mixing it with the upcoming Microsoft Mobile McLaren. That one is the one that's supposed to be on all American major carriers.

freedomEd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
There was a 630 showcase in Hong Kong over the weekend and someone asked the Nokia executive when 930 will came out in Hong Kong. The guy said "estimated some time in July" so there you go, a quasi-official confirmation from an actual employee.

SRMoore

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I work for a Mobile company here in the UK and had the opportunity to speak to one of the Sales Managers for Nokia last week.
Lumia 930 is still planned for release in the first week of July though Cortana will not be rolled out until September approx - which is possibly where the September date comes from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss