Icon has to be the worst phone that I've owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Stop talking out of your *** man.
Your warranty is still intact OP.
No.I recently went to the nokia service centre for repairing my lumia 525.. And they said i had no warranty because i have 8.1 dev preview installed...
Also.. it is said in the terms and conditions of the dev preview that u will lose ur warranty
It is not exactly gone... u will get it back once the official 8.1 releases for icon.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What? Where? I want that option!!! I hate it, sitting in the garden with weak signal and the phone is too dumb to switch to mobile...! I have the 620 with WP 8.1, but never heared about that option!?!?!

There was another person who has the same problem. Evidently, not all versions of WP8.1 are the same. There are device and regional differences.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
3.) Have some patience and learn how to use a phone before whining about it like a child.

That's a very helpful comment. I'm sure the OP greatly appreciated your advice. I know I did. In fact, I think that Indistinguishable might be the single most respected person on this forum, and with such a constructive attitude, probably soon the whole Internet.

I thank you again and wish you a very nice day.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That's a very helpful comment. I'm sure the OP greatly appreciated your advice. I know I did. In fact, I think that Indistinguishable might be the single most respected person on this forum, and with such a constructive attitude, probably soon the whole Internet.

I thank you again and wish you a very nice day.

Thanks for choosing to ignore the questions I asked to get some information out of OP so that he could maybe be helped.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What? Where? I want that option!!! I hate it, sitting in the garden with weak signal and the phone is too dumb to switch to mobile...! I have the 620 with WP 8.1, but never heared about that option!?!?!

Sorry for double post. It's hard to quote multiple posts from a mobile device.

The setting for switching from Wi-Fi to Data when Wi-Fi signal is weak is in Settings -> cellular & SIM.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the warranty issue - it is clearly stated when you install the WP 8.1 developer preview that you will invalidate the warranty of your phone. It's one of many good reasons why general users are ill advised to do so.

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for choosing to ignore the questions I asked to get some information out of OP so that he could maybe be helped.

It's kind of you to thank me but I suspect you misunderstand my post! I genuinely think your point 3 is fantastic advice to anyone who is having a problem with their phone. Or in so many other places in life. So much so that I'm going to repeat it again.

3.) Have some patience and learn how to use a phone before whining about it like a child.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for double post. It's hard to quote multiple posts from a mobile device.

The setting for switching from Wi-Fi to Data when Wi-Fi signal is weak is in Settings -> cellular & SIM.

This doesn't work on all Windows Phones. There was a person I responded to on another thread about this very thing. His phone (and I think it was a 620 as well) didn't have this option. He even provided a screen shot. Like I said previously, not all builds of WP are equal. It depends on your region, phone, and carrier. The 620 is a non-US phone, which is funny, because you can get it in Puerto Rico, which is part of the US.

As far as the OP. I'm not sure that he is a troll. I'm wondering if he is trying the use the Icon on a non-Verizon carrier, or is confused about what a SIM card actually is and what it does.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't work on all Windows Phones. There was a person I responded to on another thread about this very thing. His phone (and I think it was a 620 as well) didn't have this option. He even provided a screen shot. Like I said previously, not all builds of WP are equal. It depends on your region, phone, and carrier. The 620 is a non-US phone, which is funny, because you can get it in Puerto Rico, which is part of the US.

As far as the OP. I'm not sure that he is a troll. I'm wondering if he is trying the use the Icon on a non-Verizon carrier, or is confused about what a SIM card actually is and what it does.

Ah, didn't know that. Well at least OP is using an Icon, so it should be an option for him to troubleshoot.

Also, with a thread title like "Icon has to be the worst phone that I've owned", I don't care if he typed a four page dissertation on why the Icon really truly is the worst phone OP has ever owned, it's still troll-like.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that could be disappointed in an Icon has no business owning a smartphone

Actually the title of the thread reads "Icon has to be the worst phone that I've owned", notice the "I've" in that which makes it an opinion, in this case the opinion of the OP, not fact.

Anyone that treats an opinion as fact has no business commenting on this forum!!!!

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
What I find funny that the people who don't have a problem with their phone call others name who do. If your ICON is working perfectly fine then good for you.

I also like how people who call other trolls don't realize how much trolls they are themselves.

If your brand new car was having an issue and you took it to the dealer. You explained the issues you were having. Then they responded "your car is working perfect because we sold 1000 of these cars and you're the only one with this problem". Then they say "what an ***** troll" his car doesn't have those issues. So you should be happy with their response.

I do not have a removable SIM card in my ICON. This isn't my first rodeo.

My Wi-Fi is horrible. Right now I have my Win8.1 Tablet, Android Tablet, Roku, Chromecast, Samsung S4, S3, and my confused children iPhones. They are all connected to the WiFi full bars. My ICON isn't and in order to re-connect to the WiFi I have to reboot. Because turning Wi-Fi on and off doesn't work. I have tried soft reset. I will try a hard reset once I can back up my information. As it's not transferring pictures and etc for the past 3 days.

Also unlike a few trolls who scour the forums to respond to threads without suggestions, but with name calling. I don't spend my waking hour in front of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos