USB port of Lumia 920 melted.

hamzaalijoiyah

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Last night I was sleeping with my phone on charge suddenly I noticed something burnt my hand and it was my LUMIA 920 . The USB port along with cover of my phone was melted and whole phone was blazing hot. Now the charger is stuck in the phone and I can't pull it out and is also not charging. What should I do now....??? My phone is not in warranty so will nokia repair it or I have to pay for its repairing from a 3rd person or its just over.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Was it the standard USB cable? If it is, then talk to them. Also, have you considered wireless charging? Does that still work?

hamzaalijoiyah

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it was a standard USB port. I don't have a wireless charger so I have not tried it... I was using a genuine nokia charger with a samsung S4 data cable.

anon(5928073)

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
The data cable might have been the problem. I would use the original data cable too in the future.

No. Just no. Please do not lead people to believe that this is the issue. Something went faulty in the hardware.

I have used third party cables my whole life. I have had 20+ phones in the past year and a half. All of which were never used with their original charger. They all worked very well. This is an isolated incident and I'm sure Nokia will help you.

hamzaalijoiyah

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I had a live chat with one of Nokia customer care officer and he said that he will raise an 'escalation' thing for me.... He told me to wait for 72 hours and wait for nokia repair services to contact me.... He advised me not to visit Nokia care before they call me...... Now more than 24 hours have passed but Nokia has not contacted me yet so I am still waiting.....

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a live chat with one of Nokia customer care officer and he said that he will raise an 'escalation' thing for me.... He told me to wait for 72 hours and wait for nokia repair services to contact me.... He advised me not to visit Nokia care before they call me...... Now more than 24 hours have passed but Nokia has not contacted me yet so I am still waiting.....

Are that device retail device. If that so just go to nokia care. They will help you.

I already do that since

Nokia 3230 (Broken LCD)
Nokia 6070 (Unresponsive Keypad)
Nokia N81 ( LCD, Cases,Camera,Flash)
Nokia C6-00 ( LCD and slider)
Nokia Lumia 800 (Can't Charge)

All of them were repaired perfectly. Still it might take sometime but so far I statisfied with Nokia job on reparing device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99