Okay, talk me into ditching my Lumia Icon for this 1520.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IMHO I would definitely wait for the McLaren ... The McLaren is probably going to be better than the 1520 so I would just wait like I am. Its going to be around a September November release

I believe the targeted release is in the mid-November range (so 5 months) to take advantage of the holiday uptick in cellphones. It s/b bringing 3D touch, which could delay it, or make it a major flagship.

Time will tell, I have no luck predicting the future, but with something groundbreaking like that - it could go either way. Major success (everybody wants it - short supply) or an epic fail.

Hoping for the former, I may be ready for something NEW by then.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Oops I was thinking of the 920. #ReasonsMicrosoftNeedsToStreamlineNames
I'd def agree with that. The "Nokia Lumia Prime," would be a stickier name than the Lumia 1520, and something like the "Lumia Pixel Perfect" may have actually made the 1020 have something more than niche appeal.

Half the reason Apple is whooping everyone's *** in marketing is because they know how to make monikers and buzzwords work for them. Retina Display is pretty much only impressive to tech scrubs who don't know any better, but they know how to make it sound like a big deal to a mass larger than tech savvy people.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So my 1520 came in today.

It's huge... almost to a point of being uncomfortable... but just for the fact I can use a freaking SD card, and I don't have the overheating or WiFi issues makes me ready to adjust to it.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thats odd I dont have any of the issues you have
Those are actually the issues I had with the Icon. Lumia 1520 was my relief from the overheating, Wi-Fi wake delay, lack of LTE/MMS on AT&T, lack of expandable storage and infuriatingly unreliable Wi-Fi that the Lumia Icon put me through.

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been through every phone made, and can buy any phone I want. That being said, the 1520 is my choice. Screen is beautiful, size isn't a big deal, and it's FAST. I love this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos