HTC 8X will not boot up or will boot loop when plugged in

Sher Allen

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
After the update to 8.1 yesterday my husbands HTC 8x will not boot up. If you plug it in it will boot up to the HTC splash screen, the turn off and reboot again to the htc screen. If I take it off the charger while its on the htc screen it will just die automatically and will not boot up until I put it back on the charger where it boot loop again.

I have tried every possible button combo I've found or thought of, none of them work. not sure if there is any software out there that can help me get it working again.

Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

Sher Allen

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
According to my husband the battery it was not, but he plugged it in overnight to top it off. Then yesterday morning he took it off the charger went to unlock it, noticed it wasn't on, tried to turn it on and it wouldn't. So then he plugged it back into to the charger and that's when it started to reboot continually.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I use to love HTC phones but as of lately they all seem to be bad. My 8x did the same I tried everything I eventually sent it in to an HTC repair place and got it fixed they charged me $85

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Search on xda developers, there is a way to flash HTC 8X to the European firmware. Check if that solution would work for you, if not then i guess you'll have to contact HTC

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine did something similar earlier in the year. I still believe it was water damage as I'd been on Scout camp in the pouring rain, but the water detector wasn't triggered and HTC fixed it for free. Their two year warranty is really good. It's worth getting in touch with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon