what do i do?

Hamadasco

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
my lumia 920 motherboard apparently died... is that even possible? can it be fixed or i have to get a new motherboard or a new phone? i was charging the phone (was around 60%) then 5 mins later the phone turned off... i tried all type of resets but it wouldnt turn on.. ive had it for 16 months.. what are your suggestions??

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Unless it has been abused you amy luck out and they may simply replace it or send you a new phone for free. I would think they are eager to please WP owners right now and keep them happy with their devices. Question have you been playing emulators a lot on your phone? The reason I ask is since phones don't have cooling fans for their chips (like laptops) emulators can be dangerous to run for extended periods as they put a huge strain on the chipset and are known to cause overheating and damage over time.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
no its still w8 and i dont have any emulator.. i barely play games on it..

I would call Nokia care ask them how much it would cost to look at the phone. If its free send it. They might just send you another after looking at it. Let them know what is going on with it.

Hamadasco

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
i'm going tomorrow to see them... but i'm pretty sure it wont be free and i'm sure they won't give me another phone... such stuff doesnt exist in my country.. all phone dealers are thieves unfortunately..

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I was referring to a Nokia care center. Is that where you are going? I wouldn't go to a phone dealer their interest is in selling you another phone. If you have a Nokia care center I your country I would call them and set it up to mail them the phone. A dealer will always bs if possible because helping you out makes them nothing.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I was referring to a Nokia care center. Is that where you are going? I wouldn't go to a phone dealer their interest is in selling you another phone. If you have a Nokia care center I your country I would call them and set it up to mail them the phone. A dealer will always bs if possible because helping you out makes them nothing.

There are a few stories on the forums where Nokia service centers also scam users by charging insanely high prices for repairs (when other similar centres in the same country charge maybe half).

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Just found a post under the 920 forums. The title is Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash process defined inside. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon