Nokia Lumia 1020 VS Oppo Find 7

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So I see mostly people really like the Nokia Lumia 1020 because of the Camera( which is obvious) but then again there comes a question....
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE IN SHOT TO SHOT?
Sure one can say the time a pic 38/34 Mpx takes is ~3 to 5 seconds but I have recently searched bout the Oppo's 50 Mpx.
The Oppo's technology is like this...it takes ten 13 Mpx shots and combine them in ONE FULL UHD RESOLUTION which is 50 Mpx. Great right? But that comes at a cost.... It takes ~7 to 8 SECONDS to stich them. And plus it has a Snapdragon 800 where the 1020 has S4 plus. Also the picture taken in 1020 is dual capture (5 plus 38/34) and unlimited reframing. Something which Oppo does not offer AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A GREAT FEATURE.
Also one thing to be noted, the 1020 uses A MECHANICAL SHUTTER which can also slow down things but that doesn't matter as I personally like the shutter.
So there you have it. I did a little research of my own so I though I should share.
P.S Sure any mistakes made can be corrected.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I might be repeating myself as ive posted it a few times but people forget that the 1020 was limited by the windows operating system ;-) only support for dual core cpu before black update , no support for 1080p screens , no support for extra hardware like a imaging chip in the nokia 808 , no proper o/s support for micro sd card until 8.1 , fitting ois to such a huge sensor/optics set up in such a small place to combines the 808/920 tech , keeping weight down after the media slated the weight of the 920 , keeping the device slim enough to please the media and consumer , nokia worked miracles getting the 1020 to us when they did with the restrictions in place they had to overcome

when people moan about the shot to shot time I always think to myself ..... nokia done the best they could with what was available to them at the time let alone what they had to develop the 1020 with ;-) if they could have made it faster they would have , but limitations wouldn't let them ;-)

these limitations have been reduced greatly now , so I expect a 1020 successor to be much better and more refined ;-)

as you have spotted others cant match the 1020 even with better hardware , so when you take that into consideration the work nokia done with this dual core cpu is quite remarkable and it is probably the most pushed cpu ina mobile phone to date all the work it has to do (hence battery life can be hit and miss as the cpu is being taxed lots)

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I might be repeating myself as ive posted it a few times but people forget that the 1020 was limited by the windows operating system ;-) only support for dual core cpu before black update , no support for 1080p screens , no support for extra hardware like a imaging chip in the nokia 808 , no proper o/s support for micro sd card until 8.1 , fitting ois to such a huge sensor/optics set up in such a small place to combines the 808/920 tech , keeping weight down after the media slated the weight of the 920 , keeping the device slim enough to please the media and consumer , nokia worked miracles getting the 1020 to us when they did with the restrictions in place they had to overcome

when people moan about the shot to shot time I always think to myself ..... nokia done the best they could with what was available to them at the time let alone what they had to develop the 1020 with ;-) if they could have made it faster they would have , but limitations wouldn't let them ;-)

these limitations have been reduced greatly now , so I expect a 1020 successor to be much better and more refined ;-)

as you have spotted others cant match the 1020 even with better hardware , so when you take that into consideration the work nokia done with this dual core cpu is quite remarkable and it is probably the most pushed cpu ina mobile phone to date all the work it has to do (hence battery life can be hit and miss as the cpu is being taxed lots)

Well that's something I wanted to clear too about the limitations (quad core,1080p etc) but then again ppl then say the design is bulky which I don't know how considering even I own a 1020 and it fits perfectly in my hand.
Of course people can say the design sucks but have they even seen what's under that bulk? The biggest sensor in a typical smartphone(excluding 808), 2nd generation ball bearing OIS etc I can just go on but still....
I just wanted to show that having something powerful does not mean it's the best!
Who knows MAYBE A BIG MAYBE even if we had a quad core on 1020, the time in shot to shot could have been reduced but to how to much extent? Maybe 1 to 2 sec less? Then people would wine bout that it needs a S801,S805 etc.
They are never happy

oldgreygeek

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh heck,
1) The "Oppo Find 7" does take (10) 12mp photos then using HDR techniques it creates the final picture. That is called a HDR photo. Assuming you either had a tripod or an extremely solid pair of hands so that all of these images can be overlaid without smearing them you get an image that has more exposure latitude because it takes the image at differient shutter speeds some let in less light, and others more light thus this is a HDR technique. In a DSLR you would do the very same thing, normally one stop + one stop - and one stop 0, some cameras also allow for 5 shots. This technique of combining the various images do not give a final image that is the addition of all the individual shots. No it is NOT a 50mp image, sorry. If that was the case then the latest canon or Nikons would be taking 100+mp. or for that matter every camera out there that uses HDR Techniques would be shooting 100+mp images, NOT SO. If, for instance, the images were shot at 12mp you end up with a 12mp image. The l1020 will also do HDR with the app called proshot but you will not see proshot call it a 48mp photo because it is made up of up of (4) 12mp images also stitched together using HDR techniques.

2) As far as shot to shot times. if you want to compare the l1020 to another smartphone then at least compare it using the same resolution on both devices. for instance 12mp vs 12mp or 5mp vs 5mp. but not 28mp to a 5mp. The long shot-shot times are a product of storing the large image into memory. The app Oneshot for instance uses a larger buffer and can take a couple+ 38mp images with almost no delay, but alas then it still must store all those pixels.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh heck,
1) The "Oppo Find 7" does take (10) 12mp photos then using HDR techniques it creates the final picture. That is called a HDR photo. Assuming you either had a tripod or an extremely solid pair of hands so that all of these images can be overlaid without smearing them you get an image that has more exposure latitude because it takes the image at differient shutter speeds some let in less light, and others more light thus this is a HDR technique. In a DSLR you would do the very same thing, normally one stop + one stop - and one stop 0, some cameras also allow for 5 shots. This technique of combining the various images do not give a final image that is the addition of all the individual shots. No it is NOT a 50mp image, sorry. If that was the case then the latest canon or Nikons would be taking 100+mp. or for that matter every camera out there that uses HDR Techniques would be shooting 100+mp images, NOT SO. If, for instance, the images were shot at 12mp you end up with a 12mp image. The l1020 will also do HDR with the app called proshot but you will not see proshot call it a 48mp photo because it is made up of up of (4) 12mp images also stitched together using HDR techniques.

2) As far as shot to shot times. if you want to compare the l1020 to another smartphone then at least compare it using the same resolution on both devices. for instance 12mp vs 12mp or 5mp vs 5mp. but not 28mp to a 5mp. The long shot-shot times are a product of storing the large image into memory. The app Oneshot for instance uses a larger buffer and can take a couple+ 38mp images with almost no delay, but alas then it still must store all those pixels.

My Friend please check your facts before you comment.
1- The Oppo 7 was not only famous because of its QHD resolution but also of its camera which is a 13 MPX and with a software trick it can take up to 10 13 MPX images and stich them together to form a 50 MPX shot. dont believe me ? Bing it and click on OPPO ONE 7 and there is feature section which says about it heck I'll even try to attach an image too.
2- tell me a smartphone that takes 41 Mpx images (excluding 1020 & 808). Heck I am comparing with the a bigger one here and lastly,

3- I am here to tell about the 1020 and Oppo 7 and its about their shot to shot taking time. Dslr's have no link with this topic. And its bout Nokia camera app.

Here I brought you a link too also both 7a and 7 have same features.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=raw3-TPGUUA

PS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon