Lumia 920 w/8.1 DP no cellular connectivity, please help

askerrep

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
My phone's cellular connectivity has been on and off since Saturday, and now it seems like it's gone for good. It started to go bad before the last update to 8.1. I've tried to switch between 2G/3G/4G, but no luck.
Also, about every 3 weeks I get a notification saying "you haven't' backed up in a while, back up now?", I select the notification, and try to back-up, and it just says back-up failed. Therefore I am also quite reluctant to hard reset my device. Is there anyway I can back up via a PC or something?
And lastly, does the DP void my warranty? It's been less than a year since I bought it, and it should still be covered here in Norway.

Thanks you any help you can offer!
(And btw, I read through the other threads of cellular connectivity issue with L920, but all those were solved so long ago I didn't think it was the problem I had)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First, you can't backup via the PC but you can via WiFi. Your phone works fine with WiFi I hope. You can copy out videos, docs and photos via PC, which I would recommend doing anyway.

Next, it could be your SIM causing the issue. It's not unheard of. When my wife and I got back from Morocco she had no cellular connection at all. It was the SIM card, got a new one and everything was fine.

Lastly, you can use this program to revert to WP8 before sending it in for warranty. FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

You will need to backup prior to using that program as it wipes everything clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte