Best HDR app for 1020

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any advice about the best options for a HDR app, it can be paid or free what matters is the quality of the app not the price, as I can buy it from the Nokia coupon I got a while back.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Why all HDR apps take so much time to process a photo? It's very difficult to hold your phone or the object you are shooting steady for that long time. Is there an app that makes this process faster?

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Why all HDR apps take so much time to process a photo? It's very difficult to hold your phone or the object you are shooting steady for that long time. Is there an app that makes this process faster?

For an HDR photo the app needs to take multiple photos at different exposure levels, so on the 1020 that takes a bit of time. Still for best HDR photos you should use a tripod or rest the phone on a railing or something.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to try a HDR App that appears to use the high resolution images. They all look pretty soft compared to standard pictures. Even on a tripod.

Figured id download GIMP and play with blending exposures on my PC. I had no idea what I was about to get into... Lol. Screw that mess.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

try look for a HDR app that does software processing - i don't know any. This kind of HDR will take just one photo, then use that photo to tune up the brightness, then down, then combine the three 'under exposed', normal, 'over exposed' photos together to give you a simulated HDR photo.

The result from this kind of HDR usually don't come close to HDR from 3 separate shots, unless it uses the RAW sensor data to do the work.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It's the absolut best option to use the bracketing feature in the Nokia camera app and then create the HDR with software on your PC. There's not one automatic HDR app that comes to close in quality to the "real thing"

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It's the absolut best option to use the bracketing feature in the Nokia camera app and then create the HDR with software on your PC. There's not one automatic HDR app that comes to close in quality to the "real thing"

Completely see your point and agree. Bracketed exposure is the best way to go. However, sometimes I just want to fix small over/under exposed areas. I really wish Nokia would add a basic HDR mode on their camera. :/

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I wish Nokia, well now Microsoft, would release a simple PC HDR software that can combine the bracketed photos.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all , and my favorites are 4Blend HDR, or Fhotolens..... 4Blend is a pretty nice app and the developer is always about on twitter or Facebook... It offers the most control

psykojello

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I might be late to this conversation, but I use Adobe Photoshop Express to increase the dynamic range of a photo.

Go to adjustments:
1. Increase shadow to bring out the darker areas
2. Decrease highlights to tone down the bright areas.
3. Increase contrast to bring back some contrast into the picture.
4. Increase vibrance to bring some life into the picture.
5. Increase sharpness and reduce noise if you like.

Here's a photo I took on my Lumia 920 and edited using PhotoshopAdobePhotoshopExpress_622f2baade6f442d8f5622472e913b00.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6