1520 doesn't seem to hold good resale value

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So I was going to depart with my 1520 and wait till WP advances more and decided to put my phone up for sale. I notice that eBay sellers have them going for cheap. Even seen Craiglist list them as low as $200. I've negotiated going as low as $385 but still no bite. Crazy or maybe it's just me wanting too much for it, but there's no way I'm going that low for the quality of this phone.

My question is do phones in general lose value that fast? I'm really just assuming 3 things

Windows Phone
Too big
Nokia in the US

I've sold a two year old Samsung for $200 before. Anyway I rather keep it if that's the case. This phone is worth more to me to keep and use less than to sell it cheap.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
True but I've sold locked phones easily and got bites quicker and great money for them.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that popularity is tied to resale value (DUH!). iPhones & Samsung Galaxies hold their value well, but most other phones not so much. It has less to do with the quality of the device than its popularity. An AT&T locked WP phablet is scraping the bottom in popularity in the US!

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that popularity is tied to resale value (DUH!). iPhones & Samsung Galaxies hold their value well, but most other phones not so much. It has less to do with the quality of the device than its popularity. An AT&T locked WP phablet is scraping the bottom in popularity in the US!

Never sold a Samsung Galaxy. Actually sold a Samsung Infuse, Nexus One and 7 1st gen, and Nokia E71 just to name a few. And the E71 wasn't even a hot item compared to the Samsung Blackjack II. So no duh... Popularity plays a part but I'm convinced nobody cares for Window Phones. So I do agree with you on the last part

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used 1520 for AT&T for $320 (swappa). Sold it last week for $360 (Craigslist). Took the $360 and bought a HTC One M8 $65 more. (BTW I do have my black 32GB 1520 still, I just like to have a couple phones to play with.)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Resale is completely dependent on demand.

I haven't really checked what networks this phone is compatible with, but id think an exclusive phone would hold retail decent, as long as it worked on other carriers. Maybe not...

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I dont even see why anyone would buy a used AT&T L1520 at $385. AT&T totally raped that phone. No damned QI? 16GB?

A brand new international version can be gotten for about $500+
I would assume a second hand international version should be no more than $400.

And you expect a second hand AT&T version to be sold at $385? Any one in their right senses would add a few extra bucks and pick the international version (well except there was something hindering them).

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I dont even see why anyone would buy a used AT&T L1520 at $385. AT&T totally raped that phone. No damned QI? 16GB?

A brand new international version can be gotten for about $500+
I would assume a second hand international version should be no more than $400.

And you expect a second hand AT&T version to be sold at $385? Any one in their right senses would add a few extra bucks and pick the international version (well except there was something hindering them).

OK... Lol you mad or something?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In eBay India nokia phones generally have good resale value..used nokia 808 pureview goes for Rs 20000-25000 .that phone is not even supported anymore and Symbian appstore is shutdown. n9 goes for Rs 20000. Thats incredible resale value considering the brand new other great phones u can get at that price. Maybe its coz of the special significance of that devices.i dont see much used 1520 on eBay though,only brand new ones.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Let's see, international version is rare to find. And not everyone in the U.S. has a Qi charger laying around collecting dust. So it isn't important to everyone. With 8.1 storage problems are solved, move apps to a SD card. So no need for you to worry about space. I personally have the AT&T 32GB version myself. And the PMA case also. Since I didn't have any Qi pads laying around, I just bought a cheap PMA pad off eBay for $5.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8 via Tapatalk.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I actually got someone that made an offer finally . Just have to take a small loss for what I really wanted.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about your area but I'm in a huge city, Dallas, and the low end of the pricing on used 1520's is around $350, some in the $425 range.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about your area but I'm in a huge city, Dallas, and the low end of the pricing on used 1520's is around $350, some in the $425 range.

I not sure which version of the 1520 people are seeing at $300-400 range but the version I like is the 1520.3 or known as RM-938. When I search that specific model for example on ebay I see $650 and $699 price tag. I know that Newegg and couple other place have it just a little cheaper but mot by much.
I can't seeing buy this phone spec'ed to work for only one carrier. That is why I prefer the RM-938 as it more flexible to go with whichever carrier I want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss