Just saw a 12 year old with a 1520 gave him a hi-five

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was in line to eat at chipotle and saw this kid with a 1520. I thought it was his dads, but then he put it in his pocket. I realized it was his and told him nice phone and gave him a hi five. Lol. His parents gave me an odd look when I did this, but I am surprised to see such a young windows phone user. Maybe windows phone is cool among this young generation that hasn't been taken over by apple yet.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Dang when I was 12 all I had were yo-yos and rubber bands
And me only an original Nintendo Classic. I have a daughter who is 7 years old and I am thinking in gift her a phone when she turn 8. I guess, we are in a time in which is easy to find a cheap windows phone. But the 1520 is not cheap at all. I purchased mine for $475 dollars. The parents of this 12 years old must be in a contract plan or they are wealthy.

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife and 12 year old were in the local Microsoft store yesterday and it was reported that the 12 y.o. would not stop playing with the 1520 even though she was getting her Surface replaced under warranty (damage.) Said 12 y.o. has a 920.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My wife and 12 year old were in the local Microsoft store yesterday and it was reported that the 12 y.o. would not stop playing with the 1520 even though she was getting her Surface replaced under warranty (damage.) Said 12 y.o. has a 920.
If i may ask; Whats the use of giving an 12yo an [expensive] smartphone? and i'm not talking about playing games on it and such.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
well i havent seen a 1520 so far other than mine..when i bought it {free of any contract} the sales manager took a pic with me saying its the 3rd 1520 they are selling!!! LOL ..that was about 5 months ago but still to see another 1520...
they really pushes the 1520 over other models but i guess people prefer the lower end models more when it comes to windows phone..

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
well i havent seen a 1520 so far other than mine..when i bought it {free of any contract} the sales manager took a pic with me saying its the 3rd 1520 they are selling!!! LOL ..that was about 5 months ago but still to see another 1520...
they really pushes the 1520 over other models but i guess people prefer the lower end models more when it comes to windows phone..

Well, most smartphones arn't flagships to begin with I'd assume, but I think the more likely reason is that even most flagship people don't really go for phablets.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I was standing in line with my 1520 and someone else with a 1520 was right behind me. He stops me and goes "Windows Phone master race!" And we high-fived. It was weird.... And awesome.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually guys windows phone is quite popular at my college it seems that the iPhone is dying in popularity, but also I haven't seen a single person with an S5.

Windows Phone is getting there when I showed my friend my 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1 DP she screamed quite loud... Finally! And it looks awesome!

Jam8240

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I love my 1520, and whenever I use it in public, people give me funny looks because it is so big compared to their puny little iPhones.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I pull out my 1520 people say that phone is big and then say it suits you. If I can get my 13yr old off her iPhone I would be good but it has a ton of apps her friends use and the appreciation she showed Christmas to have a phone I think I may get her one if she asks.

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My 15 year old sister has a 925 and my 3 half brothers all have Windows Phones. They all go to the same high school in Ohio, and I asked my sister what her friends think. She told me all her friends want wps! That they are very "in" at her school!! Her Math teacher has been asking her questions about them too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12