Hello all. I currently live in Venezuela, 8 months ago, I purchased a Lumia 920 (AT&T locked) on a quick trip to USA, and my phone got stolen. Then, a couple of weeks ago, my father traveled to USA and got a new Lumia 920 for me as a gift, purchased through amazon (AT&T locked).

Back then, I was able to unlock my phone easily via the ATT support chat and now, they changed their policies and wont agree to provide an unlock code. I tried everything and they basically told me that, even if I managed to unlock my previous phone, things changed, and now I have basically a brick, since I don't live in USA where ATT provides service and I cant unlock it. I've tried SafeUnlock website and they emailed me back today saying that despite their efforts, they couldn't get it unlocked.

I was hoping someone can share another site that has successfully provided a Lumia 920 ATT Unlock Code, since its quite annoying and I don't have a spare cellphone atm. Thanks in advance for your possible help.
    06-20-2014 11:13 AM
    AT&T may be your only option - call (don't use OLAM unlock portal) & explain the situation. If the financials are satisfied, you should find a CSR willing to provide your unlock code (you may need to talk to several CSRs).

Call 800.331.0500 from US, or +1.916.843.4685 outside the US.

Reason I say call, I applied to unlock my Lumia 1520 thru OLAM - was denied because I was under contract. My old phone was still under contract, but NOT the Lumia 1520. When I called in & spoke to a CSR, explained the situation, I had the unlock code the next day.

There is a Spanish site on eBay which is supposed to be able to get the unlock code, but significant $$$.

Good Luck.
    06-20-2014 11:53 AM
    You can always tell them you're in the military, getting ready to go to a new duty station.
    06-20-2014 11:58 AM
    If its payed off as in not bought under a contract still active then us law now dictates they have to unlock it. Call them and if they say no ask to speak to a manager, if they say no move up the chain.
    06-20-2014 12:19 PM