Toggle for LTE in settings?!

associatedpress

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I could of sworn before upgrading to 8.1 DP that I could toggle off LTE in settings. Anyone on 8.0 still that can confirm if they have it on their Icon?

Anyone on 8.1 that can? If so in either case tell me where please.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are asking... You can disable your data connection. Or under sim settings you can change from global mode to LTE and CDMA or LTE,GSM, or UMTS.

I think this is the same as before...

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are asking... You can disable your data connection. Or under sim settings you can change from global mode to LTE and CDMA or LTE,GSM, or UMTS.

I think this is the same as before...

Yes, thats correct. Hopefully on 8.1 they will include a toggle for cellular like there is for wifi in the noti center.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought, but no, I don't see it. When I go to settings, then cellular and SIM, then SIM settings. I get this. Maybe after all those updates to display and touch where they are now not using the Nokia name:

http://1drv.ms/1ii5EtR
I see where you went. Once you go into cellular&sim, it should have the toggles for cellular. Like data connection, roaming options, limited wifi connectivity. You went to Sim settings and those options aren't there. Once you got into sim settings it just gives the sim man and mode selection, like global, lte & cdma and lte, gms and umts. It usedd to be in one place I believe 8.1 cause I had to use data and roaming quite often in the mountains.

associatedpress

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I see where you went. Once you go into cellular&sim, it should have the toggles for cellular. Like data connection, roaming options, limited wifi connectivity. You went to Sim settings and those options aren't there. Once you got into sim settings it just gives the sim man and mode selection, like global, lte & cdma and lte, gms and umts. It usedd to be in one place I believe 8.1 cause I had to use data and roaming quite often in the mountains.

It's not immediately in cellular and SIM either, are you on 8.1 on your iIconand can you turn off your LTE? here's another screen shot

http://1drv.ms/1wgMnM2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention