Thinking of buying the 1520

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
hi, I am a newbie here and thinking about buying the 1520 this weekend. However, when I went into the store today I came up with a few questions I am hoping you could help with.

1)The model in the store had a lot of scratches, yes the models take a lot of abuse but I was wondering if anyone use a screen protector? If so, what brand?
2)The black comes in the 16GB and the 32GB, knowing that 8.1 is coming what would be the advantage of getting the 32gb?
3)Any reason not to purchase this weekend, I read that a possible announcement is coming Monday?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
hi, I am a newbie here and thinking about buying the 1520 this weekend. However, when I went into the store today I came up with a few questions I am hoping you could help with.

1)The model in the store had a lot of scratches, yes the models take a lot of abuse but I was wondering if anyone use a screen protector? If so, what brand?
2)The black comes in the 16GB and the 32GB, knowing that 8.1 is coming what would be the advantage of getting the 32gb?
3)Any reason not to purchase this weekend, I read that a possible announcement is coming Monday?

I think the only announcement related to the 1520 is extra colours but that is even if there is any announcement regarding the 1520 at all. As for the 16gb vs 32gb if it were me I would go for the 32gb. I don't use screen protectors so can't comment on that.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

- NO reason NOT to purchase it this weekend - still a flagship phone.
- The Xtra cost for the 32gb is unwarranted - spend the $$ on a good (class 10 or higher) micro sdcard
- NO screen protector, after 4 months, NO scratches - but I use a case ... (it's a bit slippery).

Don't know what you're paying, mine (Red) was $425 NIB, sealed on eBay. NO contract, unlocked & still under warranty ...
Selling for a couple of bucks less, now. :cool::smile::cool:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
- NO reason NOT to purchase it this weekend - still a flagship phone.
- The Xtra cost for the 32gb is unwarranted - spend the $$ on a good (class 10 or higher) micro sdcard
- NO screen protector, after 4 months, NO scratches - but I use a case ... (it's a bit slippery).

Don't know what you're paying, mine (Red) was $425 NIB, sealed on eBay. NO contract, unlocked & still under warranty ...
Selling for a couple of bucks less, now. :cool::smile::cool:

Yeah I should of added that I don't know the difference in price between the two. I paid just over 112 pounds for each of my 128gb sd cards.

Why are you selling MDK

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
get 32 gb..with the dumping of cache files in form of temp files even with browsing which u cant really delete..mine has 1gb plus now after 4 months of use..so get the model with maximum internal memory...

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I purchased my 16gb 1520 I'm thinking it was about 3 months ago on line from the Microsoft store. Got I for $449 during a sale they had going. I do not use a screen protector or case. No problems with scratches, but I am careful handling it. I have the yellow model and it does tend to be slick in the hands. But, I just do not like cases. The case design of all the Lumias I feel are one of the great hardware features of them and to then cover them up with some case is stupid. But that's my opinion. I never use screen protectors. Don't go putting your phone in the same pocket as with your keys or change or other hard objects which I do not do and you'll be fine without one.

I personally see no advantage of a 32gb 1520. In using only a 16gb SD card with it and use only about 1/2 of that with about 1050 songs on it and some misc. Documents, eBooks, etc. I'm running 8.1 on it and with my apps takes up maybe 1/2 of the 16gig on the phone.

Get the 1520 now if its what you want. It's really a great phone. I love the screen size for all the reading I do on it. There's always going to be some other phone later you say you wish you had and say to yourself why did I not wait on buying this 1520 and I could have this phone now?! You'll find yourself always waiting for that next great phone to come out.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I should of added that I don't know the difference in price between the two. I paid just over 112 pounds for each of my 128gb sd cards.

Why are you selling MDK

NOT selling, luv the phone ... that's what I paid for it in February (that makes it even sweeter).
Should have said 'Device is selling for a couple of bucks less, now.... on eBay' lest OP give AT&T almost $600 for it. MS store has (had ?) it for $450 ... unless he's going on contract.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
get 32 gb..with the dumping of cache files in form of temp files even with browsing which u cant really delete..mine has 1gb plus now after 4 months of use..so get the model with maximum internal memory...

Que ? Those cache files you refer to, are easily deleted.
- Go to IE 11 & delete history.
- Go to Settings >> Applications >> Internet Explorer >> delete history.
- Go to Settings >> Applications >> Search >> delete history.
- Go to Storage Sense >> Phone (or SD card) >> temporary files >> DELETE

You just have to know where to look ... au contraire ... File storage has become very easy to manage w WinPhone 8.1.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

If you are in the US the 1520 ATT model with 32GB is only on line from ATT or through Amazon. The price is slightly cheaper through Amazon with a new contract. I just bought the 15GB through the local ATT store bas my 920 went on the fritz and I needed another phone the same day as a lawyer I need the calendar and email working. I like the size and the balance weight wise of the 1520 an am glad I made the switch. It will be interesting what new phones come out with 8.1 The McLaren sounds interesting and the LG based wp8.! device is intriguing as well.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Que ? Those cache files you refer to, are easily deleted.
- Go to IE 11 & delete history.
- Go to Settings >> Applications >> Internet Explorer >> delete history.
- Go to Settings >> Applications >> Search >> delete history.
- Go to Storage Sense >> Phone (or SD card) >> temporary files >> DELETE

You just have to know where to look ... au contraire ... File storage has become very easy to manage w WinPhone 8.1.
I have had this argument manytimes over here.apart from net explorer history its hard to delete anything else in wp8.and honestly ur browsing history shouldnt be dumped as cache files!
If 8.1 makes it possible to delete temp files to a decent bit one of the very few complaints I have will be gone.
ill beleive it when I see it.
(ps:I know what is temp files and what are their purpose but honestly in no other platform ur browsing history will get dumped as cache files taking upto 600mb space!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium