Question about battery life and high model

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The 520 is my first smart phone. My flip phone with talk and text only, lasted 2 or 3 days between charges. On a full charge my 520 drops to about 20 percent battery power in about 12 hours. I don't watch videos but I check the news a lot and play games for about an hour when totaled up. Is this normal battery life for a smart phone? I feel like I need to charge it a couple times a day. I use battery saver and have gps and most other things turned off to save the battery, no live tiles. It says wifi and 2 other things, I forget what, are using the battery, but I turned off non essential things.

I really like this phone so far, its taken me a while to get used to its large size after carrying a flip phone for years but so far it doesn't seem overly big and I wouldn't want a bigger phone. But I would like a more powerful processor and more ram, while keeping roughly the same size phone. I get 4g and use home wifi but videos are not that great and it struggles with hd so I don't watch videos with it. Whats the next best model up from the 520 with more power, maybe LTE and roughly the same size? Slightly bigger would be ok if I have to go bigger.

I think I will stick with wp because it's so easy to use, I've never used an iPhone or an android phone and don't plan to after using this beauty. Also, do the more powerful windows phones use the batter even faster?

Thanks!

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Thats awesome battery life :)) i have 520 and i dont need a better phone for now..maybe 920 in a future.. Everything you need for your model you can ask or search the forum( even pm me). Wish you all the best with your new phone :)

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Thats awesome battery life :)) i have 520 and i dont need a better phone for now..maybe 920 in a future.. Everything you need for your model you can ask or search the forum( even pm me). Wish you all the best with your new phone :)

Thanks! I love this phone. It's almost like having a mini pc. I have a laptop with win 8.1 and I've been using windows for years so this phone is a natural fit. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo