1320's size queries

kaijday

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about buying the 1320.

I am a blackberry user and have been for the last four years (two years too long, but tied into a contact) so I am used to quite a small phone. The idea of this windows phone (the OS is smooth and simple, not over-complicated) appeals to me and this phone is cheap under VirginMobile. I'm only a student after all!

The one hesitation I have is the phones size. Well actually, not the size I see that as a plus for web browsing, texting and watching videos (which I mainly use my phone for). I do fear it might not fit in my jeans pockets however. I've seen that it fits in normal jeans, but has anyone had experience with slim or skinny jeans?

Also what are phone calls like on this phone? I don't make many phone calls, but it does look a bit big and awkward for making/recieving calls.

Many thanks,
Kai :D

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
1320 wouldn't fit in your Jeans unless and until you have deeper pocket, i own a 1320 and it only fits in 2 of my jeans, also it would be kind of irritating if you are driving Car or Bike with your mobile in your Jean Pocket.

it would be nice to go with a 5 inch but if you are looking for budget friendly 6' where you can read pdf's and websites without zooming, then 1320 should your choice as it own burn your pocket as 1520. i love my 1320 for many reasons, no zooming required for reading webpages or pdf's, love to watch movies in my 1320. good battery (3 days - i'm a moderate user with most of the background tasks disabled).

Try a hands on in anyone of the retail outlets to have a feel before you can decide anything based on someone's (like me) suggestion

Welcome to WPC community and to the awesome world of Windows Phone (in case if you buy a WP Device) :excited:

kaijday

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
My 7" Kindle fits in most of my chino's easily, but struggles in my jeans. Not too worried about driving etc as I even take my tiny blackberry out of my pocket when driving!

Good thing with VirginMobile is they give you a 30 day grace period, whereby you can return the phone if you don't like it. I guess I'll give it a try and see how I get on for a few weeks :)

Jaafarj

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had a 620 (3.8") phone for the past two years and jumped straight onto the 1320 just 4 days back and got used to the size pretty fast. Sure the size is a bit much, but keep using the phone and you'll get used to it pretty fast imo. As far as jeans go, its a tight fit, but does fit.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
When i got my first smartphone it looked big ( 3,5" )
Until i saw a 4"...............
Now my wife owns a 5" and it looks.............small.
What i mean is, you get used to it.
6" is a nice size, until the 6,5 and the 7" getting mainstream.
Future?
Who knows.
I am using the 1320 quite some time now, and that size doesn't bother me anymore.
Only the first time you open the package you get the Wozers moment.

I even made phonecalls with my 10.1" tablet........
Shure as hell, thats not going to fit in any pants.

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
When i got my first smartphone it looked big ( 3,5" )
Until i saw a 4"...............
Now my wife owns a 5" and it looks.............small.
What i mean is, you get used to it.
6" is a nice size, until the 6,5 and the 7" getting mainstream.
Future?
Who knows.
I am using the 1320 quite some time now, and that size doesn't bother me anymore.
Only the first time you open the package you get the Wozers moment.

I even made phonecalls with my 10.1" tablet........
Shure as hell, thats not going to fit in any pants.

My story is nearly the same^^^^ within a few days to a week the phone feels normal if I pick up a friends iPhone they feel like toys now soooo small be a MAN get a Mans phone 1320/1520

ssk3g

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Size is big, yes ofcourse.. i guess thats the reason for its category called phablet.
I use it for my corporate email access, fits my formal and regular jeans pocket.
unlike smaller phones, it has its presence felt in regular jeans itself, so skinny jeans...i dont think its gonna be easy.

If you are looking for screen size and battery life.. just go for it.
Making and receiving phone calls, it does look a bit awkward holding a large phone and long calls will strain your palm too, but hey what are hands free for ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't regret the size one bit. I am sure I will never get a phone smaller than this. If forced to due to other appealing features, I'll compromise to a 5 inch screen, but can't see myself using my 1020 or 925 any more. They are just too small.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos