Retired my 620 data plan, use it as a Phone+WiFi device, got decent battery life

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Since I already got a shiny new Primary phone, the 620 is now replacing my Asha as a Secondary phone.

The battery life is quite amazing despite still using it occasionally for calling and as smartphone using WiFi.
Note that I'm using the latest WP 8.1 DP update, I also have Location & NFC turned off, logged out of any app that uses push notifications.

Got about 2 days with still 44% battery left. Here's the screenshot of Battery Saver:
wp_ss_20140622_0001.png

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There is either something wrong with me, or there's something very wrong with your phone.

I have NEVER seen an 620 with a battery that good. (Unless, of course, that it lies around unused, in which case I've seen some.)

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have NEVER seen an 620 with a battery that good. (Unless, of course, that it lies around unused, in which case I've seen some.)

You're not exactly wrong, it's mostly unused, although it's not completely idle, and with the configuration I mentioned in the first post seems to work well.

I have received 3 short calls, about 2-3 minutes, it's my family only number.
I also updated a couple of apps, still using it to browse instagram with 6tag, and read feedly using Nextgen Reader, I forgot my password for these apps, too lazy to reset password for the new phone.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
On standby my 620 drains to 40% in pretty much a day and a half ever since dp. Is it really the original battery? If yes then this is nothing short of magic lol.

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
On standby my 620 drains to 40% in pretty much a day and a half ever since dp. Is it really the original battery? If yes then this is nothing short of magic lol.

It is the original battery, remember that I also have no data plan, so naturally, data is turned off, although I haven't limited the phone to 2g only, because the 3g signal is not too bad at my place.

I'm still curious to see how much longer would the battery last if I toggle Battery Saver to always on (since I don't really need push notification) and switch to 2g only while still maintaining similar usage with WiFi on, I'll be testing this configuration for the next 7 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs