Hands free device for car?

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving my mom my 920, but her car doesn't have built in Bluetooth. Can anyone recommend a decent Bluetooth speaker so she can make calls and send texts hands free with Cortana?? Thanks!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm assuming you have used these, or just know they will work? Can you hold down the button that first one to activate Cortana?

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
You know that you can just go into the speech settings and set it up so that it will read everything out while you driving. I don't use a Bluetooth with mine in the car just a dash mount to hold it. Cortana does not seem to have any problems with me dictating a text, or a verbal command - ie send XXX a message, etc. I find the speaker to be loud enough that I can hear it while driving so I don't find that to be a problem either. You would just need to show her how to go in and turn on and off the speech settings. As long as the phone is unlocked you can activate Cortana by just hitting the little magnifying glass on the lower right.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately my mom needs to keep things super simple. Having to explain how to enable/disable reading text messages aloud through Bluetooth would be too much. I was hoping she had an auxiliary input in her car, but I found out today, she doesn't. So it looks like I'm gonna have to go with the Motorola Roadster.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how you're set for cash but the best method I found is to head up to Amazon and pick up a nice stereo like the Kenwood KDC-BT555U. Not only does this have blue tooth, AUX and a USB port, that I use to death, but her 920 would upload all the phone numbers from her phone to the Kenwood until needed. Then, while she's out bumpin' Tupac or Enya's Sail Away and the phone rings, boom, the Kenwood mutes the music and switches instantly to hands free. No ear piece needed. My wife loves that feature. Same goes for text messages. You get the voice of Cortana reading her messages out and doing replies too. All she has to do is steer the car. All for about 225.00, less if you know how to do installations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos