Lumia 1520 Dead - Help

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

So, this weekend, while playing the addictive 2048 game, the game froze. So I hit the power button to shut it down. I restarted and it stayed on the AT&T logo for a long time. Nothing happened so I hit the power button again. Now, I can't turn the phone on.

The phone has been charged, but nothing works. I've tried the soft reset, hard reset, and even the "hold vol button and then insert usb cable to charge. Nothing. I don't even the (!).

I tried searching Nokia site and the web but I haven't come across anyone who had experienced this or better put, no posts stating the same behavior as my mine.

I pre-ordered the Yellow at launch and this is very disappointing. Recently, my kid's 920 battery didn't last long so I replaced the battery. Not to happy with the Lumias. Any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks!

Dave Dog-shite

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've just experienced the same problem.

This is the second windows phone that has done this.

I had a 925 that did the same, turned out the mainboard had died.
Now this has happened with the 1520.
It was working fine, woke up this morning and the phone was dead.
No charge registering when plugged in.
Absolute disgrace that Nokia can produce such poor quality phones.

I'll be returning this one for a repair then getting rid.

No more Nokia/Windows phones for me.

kimck99

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
My final solution was to send it to Nokia to have it fixed. Not sure what they did to fix it.

We have 4 Lumias in our household and I'm not sure if my next phone will be a Lumia. I hope other OEM start putting out better products - like the HTC M8. Saw it at a Microsoft store and although it's several months late to the party, it looks fantastic.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My final solution was to send it to Nokia to have it fixed. Not sure what they did to fix it.

We have 4 Lumias in our household and I'm not sure if my next phone will be a Lumia. I hope other OEM start putting out better products - like the HTC M8. Saw it at a Microsoft store and although it's several months late to the party, it looks fantastic.
Glad it's fixed. Since there is NO product that doesn't have bad apples good support is key. It's perfectly normal for someone who gets a bad apple to switch to something else even if that something else has a much worse percent of bad apples. The odds are still on their side because even relatively poor products still have mostly good apples. And switching doesn't hurt the manufacturer for a few bad apples but does big time if there are a lot of them. So even with ZERO knowledge of which product is better, switching when you get a bad one is natural selection at its finest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99