Qi charging with case on (hybrid case)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Guys the non ATT 1520's have Qi charging the ATT units are PMA and Qi chargers don't work with PMA chargers . You need to have a PMA charging case like the Incipio unit. There's some for sale on eBay fairly cheap over the weekend.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by "hybrid" case?
These are hybrid cases:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item2587da90ce

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item2c7cc3d57d

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item3cd925a2fb

As you can see they are generally thicker than the norms (providing better protection)

Have a hybrid on my 1520.3 and Qi works just fine on the DT-900 and DT-910.

Can you post a link or pic?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
This is the one I use:
Amazon.com: JKase DIABLO Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

One question, I noticed your case doesn't have much of a big hump too protect the screen, how has this case protected your phone (specifically from falls)?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried qi charging (preferably DT-900) with a case on (preferably hybrid)?

I don't use a case but I have my DT-900 set into the underside of my table so it charges through about 1/4" of oak table and works flawlessly. A friend who has a Nexus 5 got a bit of a shock when he put his phone down on the table and it started to charge. He looked a bit shocked so I told him it was a special powered table, I had him going for about five minutes until I told him what I had done to the table.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
A friend who has a Nexus 5 got a bit of a shock when he put his phone down on the table and it started to charge. He looked a bit shocked so I told him it was a special powered table, I had him going for about five minutes until I told him what I had done to the table.

Hahaah would have been an interesting 5minutes to watch lol.
How durable is the dt-900? I mean how long do you think it would last an average user before it packs up?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hahaah would have been an interesting 5minutes to watch lol.
How durable is the dt-900? I mean how long do you think it would last an average user before it packs up?

I have no idea how long it would last but I have never heard anyone complain about them not working.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
One question, I noticed your case doesn't have much of a big hump too protect the screen, how has this case protected your phone (specifically from falls)?
It's about an 1/8" above the glass. Couldn't tell you how it actually protects from a fall, as I haven't dropped it. I also have a tempered glass screen protector on it too, just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos