Aging Lumia 920 Fix Suggestions?

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an AT&TLumia 920 in Nov 2012 and it has been a great overall phone but also its fair share of issues.

1)Its noticeably slowed down from when I first bought it.
I don't know if this is due to how much space is left but I have tried hard/soft resets and also clearing out the phone to make more space, but it still lags when scrolling up and down, opening an app, switching between apps, entering my PW on the lock screen.

2) I would like to update to WP 8.1 upon release but don't know if its a good idea given the lag on my phone.

What can I do to stop the use lag?
Is there a way to reset my phone, where I do not lose anything that is currently on there? And will that make a difference?

Appreciate your input

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 that I bought in 2012, yes its a great phone but gradually gets slower and slower. However I have WP 8.1 developer preview and the phone become much much smoother and faster. Sure, its not as fast as the new WPs but its pretty decent.

You can do a hard reset on your phone and it will make things a lot faster and stable. Make sure to backup everything before you do a hard reset. Don't know if having a lot of stuff in the hard drive affects phone speed but try to move every photo, video, document to OneDrive and delete the stuff in the phone.

Hope this helps.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
A hard reset on my wife's L920 worked great. There was too much media data on hers and it was substantially slower compared to my L920. We have both the 8.1 preview installed and wouldn't want to live without it. Too many advantages over prior version. As Baryex suggested, try a hard reset first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6