No MMS on AT&T

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 928 a few days ago and popped an att sim in it. All was well but I couldn't get data or mms. I Googled the apn settings for both and got data working in minutes but no matter what I try I can't send/recieve MMS messages. Can any one help me out?

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There should be a network setup app from the nokia collection, you could try that. It should be a one time deal after the network setup though.

If its anything like it has been with WP7 though (i dunno if WP8+ has improved on the APN stuff) you may need to setup/enter the APN settings several times and/or reboot afterwords to get it to work.

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
There should be a network setup app from the nokia collection, you could try that. It should be a one time deal after the network setup though.

If its anything like it has been with WP7 though (i dunno if WP8+ has improved on the APN stuff) you may need to setup/enter the APN settings several times and/or reboot afterwords to get it to work.

Thanks but I heard the Nokia ago isn't comparable worth WP 8.1 yet so I didn't even download it. I'll try though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try this out. All credit goes to JKing106.
I have just edited things for brevity.

Ensure that all fields under the "Cellular" entry are blank.
Create a "Straight Talk" entry using Nokia's Access Point app.
If you don't have Access Point app or do not find it in the App Store, look for an App called Sysapp Pusher in the App Store.
After installing Sysapp Pusher, install "Extras + Info" from Sysapp Pusher. Access point should now be visible in your Settings menu.

Now create Internet APN and MMS settings as shown below:

Internet APN info for Access Point:

Access Point Name - straight talk

Username - blank

Password - blank

Proxy Address - mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy Port - 80

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

MMS Settings

APN - tfdata

User- blank

Pass - blank

Proxy address - 66.209.11.33

Proxy port - 80

MMSC address - http://mms-tf.net

Network - IPv4

Authentication - none

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Try this out. All credit goes to JKing106.
I have just edited things for brevity.

Ensure that all fields under the "Cellular" entry are blank.
Create a "Straight Talk" entry using Nokia's Access Point app.
If you don't have Access Point app or do not find it in the App Store, look for an App called Sysapp Pusher in the App Store.
After installing Sysapp Pusher, install "Extras + Info" from Sysapp Pusher. Access point should now be visible in your Settings menu.

Now create Internet APN and MMS settings as shown below:

Internet APN info for Access Point:

Access Point Name - straight talk

Username - blank

Password - blank

Proxy Address - mms3.tracfone.com

Proxy Port - 80

Network Type - IPv4

Authentication Type - none

MMS Settings

APN - tfdata

User- blank

Pass - blank

Proxy address - 66.209.11.33

Proxy port - 80

MMSC address - http://mms-tf.net

Network - IPv4

Authentication - none

Even though it still didn't work, thank you so much for your help anyway.

Anyway everyone I'd want to send a mms too has snap chat anyway so Ill just use 6snap for "faux" mms's lol

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try rebooting the device a few times with the new APN settings. I have heard it works sometimes and it does not work sometimes:)

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issues getting the MMS to receive on my Nokia 928. I've had it for almost 5 months and was using it on ST and switched to AT&T to save some money. Well the MMS I eventually got working on ST both send and receive. So I know it works and it's getting frustrating HAVING to use a messenger app to send pics. Been messing with it since I switched and no changes but if I find the miracle cure I'll be sure to let you know.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've tried a soft reset, a hard reset, No APN settings, the ST APN settings, the ATT wap.cingular and mobile.att.net settings as well.
The mobile.att.net settings at least let me send mms just not receive. Might try and call them next week and see if they can do something with it.

sicnus

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope they can cuz it sounds like you tried everything. One bit of weirdness I experienced, was around Dec my WMP stopped notifying me of updates to my apps. I tried a couple dozen things & it just would not fetch updates. Thankfully I found Sysapp pusher... Anyway, a couple months ago I took a SS & my 928 just crashed out & shut off. It booted back up & the next day the WMP was notifying me of updates again. Been working fine since... So maybe you need to try & crash yours? GL!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I get H+ most places which is usually anywhere from 3-8 mbps. My wife just got a new 925 which shows LTE and sometimes we get the same speeds it just depends on the area.

Besides the mms issue I'm very happy staying with the 928 until they announce the new latest and greatest flagship phone lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I get H+ most places which is usually anywhere from 3-8 mbps. My wife just got a new 925 which shows LTE and sometimes we get the same speeds it just depends on the area.

Besides the mms issue I'm very happy staying with the 928 until they announce the new latest and greatest flagship phone lol.

My solution was to use WhatsApp to get around the MMS problem, but I can understand that it does not work for everyone.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the only problem with that is I need a data connection. If I want to send a pic but not waste data I have unlimited messaging. I just use Facebook messenger currently to send and receive pictures.

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I too have tried everything ploydd has tried and still no mms. Otherwise the device works flawlessly. Att doesn't have LTE in my area anyway so I'm happy with H+.
Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Calvin Millerbis IV

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I can help you out with that. I work for tech support and do this on the day to day. I have the apn, its the same one that can be found online. Most of the to.e with an unlocked phone you get instantly set to the 2-3g network with att. You have to first figure out which APN you are using and then add the matching mms apn.

Calvin Millerbis IV

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
You need to get on the horn with att. As well as your apn settings you can check and make sure you are provisioned for 4g and use the APN settings for either pta or phone. If you are stuck to the 3g apn then use the wap.cingular option and add the matching mms apn

Sensonic

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: No MMS on AT&T (same problem with Finnish Elisa)

Yeah, I'm facing the same problem with an unlocked Lumia 928 here in Finland. I use Elisa as a carrier and placed correct MMS settings to my phone. Sending MMS messages work but I cannot receive them. The phone just says "you've received a message with media content" or similar and when I'm trying to fetch the media content, nothing happens.

I tried Access Point but it just screwed up my phone and I couldn't send SMS messages anymore so I had to make hard reset :(

Someone said there's something in the firmware of Lumia 928 because the phone is manufactured for a particular carrier (Verizon) but I just don't get the fact that the phone uses same MMS settings for sending and receiving the MMS messages. Still those MMS messages won't get thru to my phone :( Any solution to that? Or are there any experts who would know the difference in firmware between Lumia 925 and 928 regarding the MMS messages???

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I fail to believe it's a firmware issue. Like I said before, my 928 was working on Straight Talk, using an AT&T sim card but their mms settings. And it did work. So I'm still stumped.

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Its picky. Here in the USA, I've used all kinds of APN settings and SIM cards from MVNO. Only ones that this phone works with is the Straight Talk and Net10. Anything else and the MMS will not receive.

Whats annoying is even T-Mobile MMS doesn't work anymore. Used to work with certain APN settings but now it just doesn't. I'm thinking because of the network upgrade. I just got a T-Mobile dedicated phone. Also picked up the 1020 cheap.

If you really want reliable, get an unlocked SIM version. The Verizon versions are unlocked but just something about them doesn't let them play nice with GSM network devices. MMS will not work and only way to test is to try it before you buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12