Swap out 1520 housing for a new color?

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering, is it possible to swap out the current back housing on my Lumia 1520? I currently have a black variant, and I want to swap it out for white. If this is possible, where can I find a replacement? Are they just as good as the OEM? Thanks in advance!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It is possible to do this, but you'll have two choices in doing it.

If you wanted to make sure everything was done genuinely with the manufacturer's shell casing you can pay Nokia to do this for you - ask them in their Live Chat service and they will direct you to your nearest Nokia Care store, where they'd help you out. This way you'd keep your warranty, too.

Alternatively the more popular way of doing this is via getting your own cheaper version from Ebay, and more than likely this won't be a genuine shell so expect it to be a little more brittle or that after a few months of use you might get some damage if you dropped the phone - these are complaints I've seen before. Also, manually swapping it out will void any warranty you have.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If you wanted to make sure everything was done genuinely with the manufacturer's shell casing you can pay Nokia to do this for you - ask them in their Live Chat service and they will direct you to your nearest Nokia Care store, where they'd help you out. This way you'd keep your warranty, too.

Alternatively the more popular way of doing this is via getting your own cheaper version from Ebay, and more than likely this won't be a genuine shell so expect it to be a little more brittle or that after a few months of use you might get some damage if you dropped the phone - these are complaints I've seen before. Also, manually swapping it out will void any warranty you have.

Where did you get this information?

I got a black 1520 and bought both white and yellow spare chassis so I could change when I wanted. The parts are OEM and have everything including the NFC Antenna and if you do it right there is no way to tell it was done so you can always replace your old one and Nokia have no way of telling it was changed.

Last edited:

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Where did you get this information?

I got a black 4520 and bought both white and yellow spare chassis so I could change when I wanted. The parts are OEM and have everything including the NFC Antenna and if you do it right there is no way to tell it was done so you can always replace your old one and Nokia have no way of telling it was changed.

Where did you get the OEM parts though?

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site

So Nokia will just swap out the shell? Is there a cost?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs