Facebook does not show all the posts??

arpit8070

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it me or the general notion with facebook that it does not show all the posts of your friends.
For me it shows some post while neglects many.
Does it have to do some settings or something like that?? If so then how can i change it !!!
Thanks in advance !!!

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody! I've found the issue. The thing is you're Friend(s) have blocked 3rd party apps (By default setting) That's the reason The Facebook app or the Facebook beta app does not show most of the news feed from your friends. "Remember the Facebook app we have is created by Microsoft! Not Facebook." So the main Facebook server assumes this as a third party app.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Hey everybody! I've found the issue. The thing is you're Friend(s) have blocked 3rd party apps (By default setting) That's the reason The Facebook app or the Facebook beta app does not show most of the news feed from your friends. "Remember the Facebook app we have is created by Microsoft! Not Facebook." So the main Facebook server assumes this as a third party app.

You posted this answer in a similar thread. I'm not sure that is correct. If what you say is true, then all the messages from certain friends would be blocked.

I've noticed this for a while. True, it is annoying, but FB isn't that critical in my life it matters that much to me. So what, I miss a pic of some hotdog a friend of mine is getting ready to eat. I just assume that eventually it'll get corrected.

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
You posted this answer in a similar thread. I'm not sure that is correct. If what you say is true, then all the messages from certain friends would be blocked.

I've noticed this for a while. True, it is annoying, but FB isn't that critical in my life it matters that much to me. So what, I miss a pic of some hotdog a friend of mine is getting ready to eat. I just assume that eventually it'll get corrected.

Yes, I posted it in another thread to make this clear to eeverybody.

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Yups.. same issue.. All it shows is liked pages feeds..
What I assume is, FB desktop/mobile website shows Top stories as default news feed while MS app shows the most recent one. That may be the issue.

PS: The toggle to switch between most recent and top stories in old FB app does not work.

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Yups.. same issue.. All it shows is liked pages feeds..
What I assume is, FB desktop/mobile website shows Top stories as default news feed while MS app shows the most recent one. That may be the issue.

PS: The toggle to switch between most recent and top stories in old FB app does not work.

Nope, totally got it wrong!

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

If this is the real issue, its high time MS should acknowledge this and fix this..

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I might have figured out why... The Facebook Graph API (current public API for Facebook) apparently won't allow you to retrieve the exactly same news feed displayed on www.facebook.com or the official Facebook apps. Since the app is developed by MS, I'm assuming they're using the public Graph API which is causing the issue

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry again for reviving this thread, but i didn't wanna start another... I have a simmilar problem, but it is not the same thing.

Quick back story... I wanted to get Cortana outside US, so i changed region and language to US and got it. FB then started showing only old posts, or something commented by my friends, both e-mails didn't sync automaticly anymore, apps didn't update unless you went to settings, check for updates. Then i hard reset my L930, put in the correct region, and US language, and all problems but the email syncing remains...

Did someone else experience this? Any solutions except hard format again?

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this too. I saw a profile pic by my sister and I closed the app. When I returned to check her profile pic (she said somebody commented something) it does not show up anymore! Sometimes I see some post and when I restart the app that specific post is missing and the other posts stay. It's like this app was created to annoy the users! Just give the app to the Facebook developers!!! Microsoft can't do it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes