Lumia Icon Build Quality

spikeybadooks

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a 928 and was wondering if there has been a general trend in any major issues with the Icon. Having had 3 928s I can say I'm disappointed with their construction and had issues such as unresponsive screens and speakers dying which I generally attribute to the housing on the 928 not being tight. Myself or one of my family members may get the Icon and I just want to know what I'm getting into if we get it.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I went from a 928 to the Icon and although I loved my 928 The icon is worlds better. it's way snappier and the screen is perfect size and very crisp. Battery life which I was most worried was similar if not better then the 928 even with more power and bigger screen. It is pretty much the same size as the 928 maybe a smidgen heavier but coming from the 928 you would not notice the weight.

The build quality is superb IMO and more elegant than the 928 or any other Lumia for that matter. I have DP 8.1 and with Cortana it's really the perfect phone for me...

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a 928 as well before moving to the Icon. I found the 928 was very well built. All of the problems you mentioned I've never had, even after being dropped once or twice. As for the Icon, the build quality is superb. Like kencaz says, it's pretty much the same size as the 928 (slightly bigger), but because of the smaller bevel and curved glass, they managed to fit a 1/2in bigger screen. It is slightly heavier, again mostly due to bigger screen and bigger battery. It fits easily into my pocket, and there are times where I double check to make sure I have my phone with me because I can barely feel it.

Battery life is pretty good. About the same as my 928. Though because I'm running WP8.1DP, I've run into problems where the phone overheats and the battery drain is severe. I've traced it (I think anyway) to certain apps or games don't that close properly and for some reason start ramping up CPU usage. After a soft reset or two, it clears itself out. This problem should be resolved as 8.1 get released to the general public and apps are eventually optimized to run on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos