1520 on Verizon?

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it a dead dream to see the 1520 on Verizon soon? Or is there a rumored Windows phablet destined for the big red? I would love to see it come to Verizon. I'm in such a great position on Verizon as I don't have to pay for my service due to my work perks, but I really want a 1520 (or like) with full LTE support.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Is it a dead dream to see the 1520 on Verizon soon? Or is there a rumored Windows phablet destined for the big red? I would love to see it come to Verizon. I'm in such a great position on Verizon as I don't have to pay for my service due to my work perks, but I really want a 1520 (or like) with full LTE support.

Highly unlikely as from Verizon's point-of-view the 1520 is already available from them (i.e., the Lumia Icon) Same CPU, RAM, Display Resolution, Camera, etc... all in a smaller package that will (in theory) sell to a more mainstream customer put off by the size of the 1520. Not that I necessarily agree (the missing MicroSD slot is a deal-breaker for me), but I do see the logic.

Verizon has also had a history (for reasons that baffle me) of not really "liking" Nokia's Lumia Designs. The 822 is a good example of a Windows Phone that seemed purposefully designed to look an awful lot like the (then) run-of-mill Android slabs and while I do think the Icon is attractive, it's hard to deny that it bears a striking resemblance to the IPhone 4/5 design ideology. It will be interesting to see what happens when the iPhone 6 comes out, as with its smoother, more rounded edges (instead of the wrap-around, flat perimeter band) it ironically bears more than a passing resemblance to some of the higher-end Lumias itself...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
...Verizon has also had a history (for reasons that baffle me) of not really "liking" Nokia's Lumia Designs. The 822 is a good example of a Windows Phone that seemed purposefully designed to look an awful lot like the (then) run-of-mill Android slabs and while I do think the Icon is attractive, it's hard to deny that it bears a striking resemblance to the IPhone 4/5 design ideology. It will be interesting to see what happens when the iPhone 6 comes out, as with its smoother, more rounded edges (instead of the wrap-around, flat perimeter band) it ironically bears more than a passing resemblance to some of the higher-end Lumias itself...

from the book of Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This really depresses me. I really want a 6" WP on Verizon. Hopefully one of the leaked phables per evleaks will end up on VZ network. I have time to wait for my official upgrade. As much as the RM-938 is selling when is in stock, I'm surprised that VZ wouldn't seize this opportunity.
Sent from my Nokia Lumnia 928 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium