Wait for 8.1 or go for dev's preview??

SumeetPrajapati

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys my name is Sumeet from India and i m a tech freak.
I have a lot of tendency for using 8.1 on my Lumia 1320.
So i want to ask u guys that should i wait for official 8.1 update, or just go for developers preview?
If i wait for official update at what date is it expected to come in India?
Or if I install the developers preview will i be able to get the official update as it arrives to India??
Reply's would be of great help to me and many people having same questions in their minds.

KALAPN_WP

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So i want to ask u guys that should i wait for official 8.1 update, or just go for developers preview?
Or if I install the developers preview will i be able to get the official update as it arrives to India??
Reply's would be of great help to me and many people having same questions in their minds.

KALAPN_WP

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I asked nokia care yesterday in Surat, they said me official update Lumia cyan will release in next month confirm, but not expected any Date.

Last edited:

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I think the update might come anytime soon. I would suggest you to wait for the official update. Because developer preview is little buggy. And yes if you update with developer preview, you will still be able to get the update. So choice is yours. If you want an early taste, then go for do. Otherwise just wait for few days and get the full wp 8.1.

Sting921

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Get the developer preview version, It's pretty cool and easy to update OTA and yes you will receive the Cyan update on dev preview too.

SumeetPrajapati

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow it was very quick.
It was my lifes first post on any forum and it worked well.
Any ways thanks guys for your response and it helped me a lot 😊

Sent from my RM-994_im_india_906 using Tapatalk

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

If you are a tech freak then till now you should have been installed preview for developers. No one can give you exact date of when the official update will be out. If you install wp 8.1 preview for developer still you will get the official update when it is out.

SumeetPrajapati

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If you are a tech freak then till now you should have been installed preview for developers. No one can give you exact date of when the official update will be out. If you install wp 8.1 preview for developer still you will get the official update when it is out.

Ya i myself too many times thought of doing so but there are many people who advice not to install the dev's preview as it can void the warrenty of the phone

SumeetPrajapati

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yea that's great can u give me some steps of reverting back or provide some sort of link which explains those steps ?? That would be helpful😊
Sent from my RM-994_im_india_906 using Tapatalk

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
There are numerous threads how to revert back to wp 8.0.
as for the developer preview VS official CYAN update, i have it on my 1020 since the day it was announced, no problems so far.
Also, official update will be having same OS as Preview, but the firmware will be different according to the phone.

Here are the Links

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/277716-how-revert-back-wp8-nokia-software-recovery-tool-questions.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/277530-revert-back-windows-phone-8-windows-phone-8-1-a.html

How to downgrade from Windows Phone 8.1 to WP8.0 (video) | WMPoweruser

SumeetPrajapati

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
There are numerous threads how to revert back to wp 8.0.
as for the developer preview VS official CYAN update, i have it on my 1020 since the day it was announced, no problems so far.
Also, official update will be having same OS as Preview, but the firmware will be different according to the phone.

Here are the Links

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/277716-how-revert-back-wp8-nokia-software-recovery-tool-questions.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/277530-revert-back-windows-phone-8-windows-phone-8-1-a.html

How to downgrade from Windows Phone 8.1 to WP8.0 (video) | WMPoweruser

Thanks for the links
I just installed the developers preview but it doesn't include cortana any solutions??

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
How to install dev preview..

Sent from my RM-875_apac_malaysia_970 using Tapatalk

Get yourself a app studio account which is free of cost.
Then install preview for developers app from the store then follow the steps in the app then go to settings and check for updates and then you ready to install wp 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes