My screen is frozen!!!!! please help

Jono Lam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am new to the forum sorry if this isn't the place to post.

My nokia lumia 920's screen just went beserk. I was texting and suddenly colour started dissapearing from the pixels and faded to black.
I did a soft reset holding down (volume down) + power button and what happens is it restarts the phone but the first thing I see is a white static screen and it hangs there ( I assume this supposedly where the windows 8 splash screen is meant to be) after that phase is over it goes back to a black screen.
-All buttons are working
-I have to "slide up" and type in password but I cannot see it because it is black so I dont think I have gotten pass the lock screen into home.
-capacitive buttons also working
-Tried doing the hard reset "volume down + power + camera key" it acts as the same way the soft reset would (same white screen)

Update: after trying to do a hard reset none of the buttons work now its just permanently off:cry:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the phone for? Is it still in warranty? I ask because it sounds like whatever's happened to your phone is pretty serious

Jono Lam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought it last year in october not sure how long a standard warranty is maybe 1 year? Everything was working fine and just happened so randomly.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
It is in warranty period because all electronic devices comes with 1 year warranty (according to my knowledge) so,u should go to Nokia care they will do something

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077