Flash ATT 925 into a T-Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got an unlocked ATT 925 from the $5 deal that I'm using on T-Mobile but I'm missing the WiFi calling. Is it possible to flash the ATT version with T-Mobile firmware?

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
When I try to flash the T-Mo image: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I try to flash the T-Mo image: 0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

I think there is an option somewhere to toggle. There was a thread in the 920 section I think will help. (procedure for flashing another ROM onto the ATT 920, same thing) "Easily flash your..."

I was stumped for a bit when my 920 wouldn't flash, and I ended up stumbling on an option that disables that check.

Assuming you're using the same Nokia tool I was using.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This where I got stuck long time ago. I used to have L1020 from att that I wanted to debrand and couldn't do it because of that error. Then I got ATT L925 for brief time ... The same story. Even I created a thread in this forum asking if anybody managed to flash any ATT Lumia device besides L920 and L820. The answer was: nobody. Haven't followed any progress on this until few weeks ago when I spotted conversation on XDA. Somebody figured out some things in one of the dll files that are bundled with Nokia Care Suite and could bypass your error message, but only tested on ATT L920. Granted, the ATT L920 was kind of semi locked, because people could flash non ATT firmware only if pre portico firmware was flashed first. Anyway, long story short, most of ATT Lumias are completely locked up. ATT has requirement all of their android phones to have locked bootloader, now they seem to pass that requirement on Windows phones too.

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
This where I got stuck long time ago. I used to have L1020 from att that I wanted to debrand and couldn't do it because of that error. Then I got ATT L925 for brief time ... The same story. Even I created a thread in this forum asking if anybody managed to flash any ATT Lumia device besides L920 and L820. The answer was: nobody. Haven't followed any progress on this until few weeks ago when I spotted conversation on XDA. Somebody figured out some things in one of the dll files that are bundled with Nokia Care Suite and could bypass your error message, but only tested on ATT L920. Granted, the ATT L920 was kind of semi locked, because people could flash non ATT firmware only if pre portico firmware was flashed first. Anyway, long story short, most of ATT Lumias are completely locked up. ATT has requirement all of their android phones to have locked bootloader, now they seem to pass that requirement on Windows phones too.

Yep, I unlocked my 1020 and 1520 to use on T-Mobile, but never could flash the T-Mo firmware. Gave up on it since I don't need anything like WiFi calling, plus I get 30mps LTE speeds. No real need for the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea