Got yellow housing and now red tinge to photos

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I recently got the housing of my Nokia Lumia 920 changed from the black to yellow at a local nokia care centre. Having done so, I have noticed that whenever I take a photo, there is always a red tinge to them. Almost as if there was a red lens attached at the back. I turned the phone back to look at the actual lens and hey presto, it looks red. I thought they were meant to be clear.

If anyone else has a yellow Lumia 920, could you please confirm whether you get the red tinge when taking photographs and whether the actual lens at the back of the phone looks physically red?

Have a lovely weekend!

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks very much for your reply! I initially thought that there may be a film on the lens too. But I though there was just one piece of plastic covering that covered the back. I can't seem to take anything else off (without scratching it too hard).

Maybe I should take it back to Nokia repair shop.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
The replacement housing comes with a piece of red protective peel-off plastic inside the 'lens'. They've forgotten to peel it off, lol.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey, thanks very much for your reply! I initially thought that there may be a film on the lens too. But I though there was just one piece of plastic covering that covered the back. I can't seem to take anything else off (without scratching it too hard).

Maybe I should take it back to Nokia repair shop.

I changed housings several times. Every time I purchased housings, there was a red transparent protection tape on the INSIDE of the lens cover in the housing. It seems that Nokia Care forgot to take that piece of tape off on the inside.
Definitely go back if you don't want to do it yourself. To be honest. I am surprised to see they did not check the phone after they changed the housing. That is sloppy. They owe you one...

edit: I see scgf typed faster than I did ;)

Last edited:

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to a rep at the Nokia Care store earlier and he was very apologetic. I'm gonna try and see if I can get some of the fee waived.

Thanks everyone! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3