Which phone to buy?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just to give you even more options.... have you considered repairing the 720 yourself?

It sounds like only the glass is broken, which you can get a replacement for on eBay for less than $15. On YouTube you can find videos that explain disassembly and repair. It's not difficult.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just to give you even more options.... have you considered repairing the 720 yourself?

It sounds like only the glass is broken, which you can get a replacement for on eBay for less than $15. On YouTube you can find videos that explain disassembly and repair. It's not difficult.

it seems good idea.
i am actually a bit feared about it, as i had broken my last fone too. it was lumia 800 (diplay broken, not glass). i acquired another broken phone and got the display replaced. but after few days, that display died too, on it's own. when i asked the repairer, he said, it may happen, as there is a very thin gap between display and glass.
thus, i have not thought of doing it. i will reconsider it now.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
it seems good idea.
i am actually a bit feared about it, as i had broken my last fone too. it was lumia 800 (diplay broken, not glass). i acquired another broken phone and got the display replaced. but after few days, that display died too, on it's own. when i asked the repairer, he said, it may happen, as there is a very thin gap between display and glass.
thus, i have not thought of doing it. i will reconsider it now.

If you still like the 720 (I would) and if only the glass is broken.. definitely go for it. Anything else would be wasting money...

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am fed up with this waiting for new phone. I don't know when any piece worth buying (comparable to 720) will be available. 730 n 830 r only just leaked. I don't think they will be there in market soon.
Other manufacturers like Xolo n micromax r also not so fast in delivering phones.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I feel like going and buying something else. This delay is making WP to loose a big fan.

that is right... there is no new medium range phones... people are going away just because of that... have you considered to buy the 925? its not that expensive now and its a great phone. don?t know were you are from but in europe you can buy one for around 230/240? new...
oh and there is a new PRESTIGIO with good specs for less than 200

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i have asked to the dealer (who is my close friend) to get me 925, finally.
though, it is discontinued by Nokia here in the Indian market, i may get it from the remaining stock. i find that, most acceptable out of all options.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
i have asked to the dealer (who is my close friend) to get me 925, finally.
though, it is discontinued by Nokia here in the Indian market, i may get it from the remaining stock. i find that, most acceptable out of all options.

good for you. its a great device. i own one and love it. go for it,you won't regret it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos