Lumia 920 - All sensors are dead.. but are they ?

Drisker

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok everyone, its my first topic on the forum and unfortunately i need your help.

Symptoms:

- Screen won't turn to landscape in any app.
- Screen won't black out during calls.
- Glance not working ( won't show up even tho it is always on )
- Can't set brightness level to "auto"
- Sensor Emitter app ( and any other ) shows that all sensors are not supported
- Camera closes itself when saving photo

Which means all my Lumia's sensors are dead but..

First, it started about 2 weeks after WP 8.1 Dev Preview release which i installed on day one. It fixed itself when MS published first update to WP 8.1 Dev, then it came back a few days later and was dead until now. Yesterday i flashed my phone back to WP 8.0 to see if its a hardware or maybe software problem but it didn't help and i updated back to WP 8.1 Dev (figured if i still don't have sensors i might aswell use all the 8.1 goodies it brings) and today installed a keyboard language pack i was missing.. which fixed the problem!

Did anyone come across a problem like this ? It's not likely to be a hardware problem, rather software, but why would it be fixed by installing a language pack and not by reflashing/hard resettting the phone ?

to fix it i tried:
- 2 Hard resets
- Reverted back to WP 8.0 and then updated back to Dev Preview

I hope anyone can help me in case the problem is back. Thanks !

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
If you revert back to WP8.0 then the sensors are working? If yes, just wait until you get Cyan, that will contain proper drivers for your sensors in WP8.1.

Drisker

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If you revert back to WP8.0 then the sensors are working? If yes, just wait until you get Cyan, that will contain proper drivers for your sensors in WP8.1.

Unfortunately, it didn't help. They work for a few minutes each time after i install a language pack..

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If it persists a hard reset it's likely hardware. Probably an internal connector slightly loose.

Odd that you find it works after a language pack, but perhaps that is just restarting some services which then get a low level driver timeout or similar and shuts some device service down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar