Ok everyone, its my first topic on the forum and unfortunately i need your help.

Symptoms:

- Screen won't turn to landscape in any app.
    - Screen won't black out during calls.
    - Glance not working ( won't show up even tho it is always on )
    - Can't set brightness level to "auto"
    - Sensor Emitter app ( and any other ) shows that all sensors are not supported
    - Camera closes itself when saving photo

Which means all my Lumia's sensors are dead but..

First, it started about 2 weeks after WP 8.1 Dev Preview release which i installed on day one. It fixed itself when MS published first update to WP 8.1 Dev, then it came back a few days later and was dead until now. Yesterday i flashed my phone back to WP 8.0 to see if its a hardware or maybe software problem but it didn't help and i updated back to WP 8.1 Dev (figured if i still don't have sensors i might aswell use all the 8.1 goodies it brings) and today installed a keyboard language pack i was missing.. which fixed the problem!

Did anyone come across a problem like this ? It's not likely to be a hardware problem, rather software, but why would it be fixed by installing a language pack and not by reflashing/hard resettting the phone ?

to fix it i tried:
    - 2 Hard resets
    - Reverted back to WP 8.0 and then updated back to Dev Preview

I hope anyone can help me in case the problem is back. Thanks !
    06-28-2014 06:14 AM
    If you revert back to WP8.0 then the sensors are working? If yes, just wait until you get Cyan, that will contain proper drivers for your sensors in WP8.1.
    06-28-2014 06:57 AM
    If you revert back to WP8.0 then the sensors are working? If yes, just wait until you get Cyan, that will contain proper drivers for your sensors in WP8.1.
    Unfortunately, it didn't help. They work for a few minutes each time after i install a language pack..
    06-28-2014 07:06 AM
    If it persists a hard reset it's likely hardware. Probably an internal connector slightly loose.

Odd that you find it works after a language pack, but perhaps that is just restarting some services which then get a low level driver timeout or similar and shuts some device service down.
    06-29-2014 11:10 PM