Having Problem with Here Drive navigation (WP 8.1)

Vahid Khanagha

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else having problems using Here Drive navigation with Windows Phone 8.1 developer version?
The issue is, while driving towards destination suddenly the navigation software hangs and I see nothing but a dead screen. So I need to force quite the app and restart it while driving. This is dangerous!
Any idea what the problem is?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem whilst driving in Europe last week - Dusseldorf to Calais.

That's a four hour drive - I assume the phone gets really hot and it crashes out, memory locks up or something.

I had the phone on charge as well - the lumia 1520 connected to a usb charger.

I have to say it has happened driving to Paris from Calais also - always long journeys, over two hours.

I force closed the app using the back button and then restarted the app and it literally started back where it was, no relocking onto gps or anything.

I've never had this happen with co-pilot. I have had this happen using TomTom on the iphone 5s.

It's annoying but I think the memory just locks up. Yes, it is dangerous. Thankfully the range rover had its own nav system and I was also using TomTom, a stand alone pnd - still having the here drive + freeze out was not good :/

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had it happen once a little while back. Maybe a week ago. Anyway, I believe it's a heat related issue. I have my phone in a CR-200 on the dash, this causes the phone to overheat from a combination of sunlight (we get a lot here in Hawaii), the phone charging, and using a CPU intensive app such as Here Drive+. I run my A/C full blast through the defroster vents to help keep it cool.

Even if it's only about 80F, anything on the dash can still get pretty warm just from sunlight alone.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had it happen once a little while back. Maybe a week ago. Anyway, I believe it's a heat related issue. I have my phone in a CR-200 on the dash, this causes the phone to overheat from a combination of sunlight (we get a lot here in Hawaii), the phone charging, and using a CPU intensive app such as Here Drive+. I run my A/C full blast through the defroster vents to help keep it cool.

Even if it's only about 80F, anything on the dash can still get pretty warm just from sunlight alone.
Agreed!

Vahid Khanagha

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

Agreed! I have realized that when I disconnect the charger this happens less often. But is it normal> I had a lumia 620 before and never had this issue...
Do you have WP 8.0 or WP8.1?
I want to know if 8.1 causes the overheating problem (that happens during the charge even at home)...

simon 4

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Not had that but since updating to 8.1 it has messed up the voice directions over Bluetooth cant hear them, Unless I select Bluetooth check box in advanced. Trouble is my car stereo acts like its receiving a phone call and I miss the first few seconds of her voice

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! I have realized that when I disconnect the charger this happens less often. But is it normal> I had a lumia 620 before and never had this issue...
Do you have WP 8.0 or WP8.1?
I want to know if 8.1 causes the overheating problem (that happens during the charge even at home)...

I'm running WP8.1 with the latest update. It hasn't happened again since that one time though. I wish I had a better place to mount my CR-200 so it's not in direct sunlight all of the time and still be easily accessible while driving.

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I just got the same problem after installing the latest preview for dev version. It hangs for a while, maybe 5 minutes, works for 1 min and hangs again. Will try reinstall. Same on both Lumia 920 and 930

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I just got the same problem after installing the latest preview for dev version. It hangs for a while, maybe 5 minutes, works for 1 min and hangs again. Will try reinstall. Same on both Lumia 920 and 930

Reinstall did the trick but Here maps now shuts down from time to time while driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077