Official 925 Cyan Thread

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Now that there are at least a few people who have gotten the Cyan update through OTA or flash, I wanted to start a thread for people who have the update to let us know if they have noticed anything different with the update. One thing a lot of us are curious about is camera improvements. Other features like project to screen(miracast) Double tap to lock (weird feature, but was supposedly official on wpcentral), benchmarks, performance, and anything else!

Thanks!

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am from Finland. I got the cyan update day before yesterday.
*Loving the transparent tiles
*Haven't used the camera app extensively so cannot comment on changes
*Notification bar is another major update. But would have been nice if there was a battery indicator there and if there was an option to add more notification based apps. The thing I found is you can switch on wifi directly from the notification bar but inorder to switch it of it takes you to the wifi settings page and switch off as usual.
*Battery seems to have improved.

There is no option to customize the new notification bar.
I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? Because I thought that it was included with 8.1 update package.

AND NO CORTANA

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly?

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

*Notification bar is another major update. But would have been nice if there was a battery indicator there and if there was an option to add more notification based apps. The thing I found is you can switch on wifi directly from the notification bar but inorder to switch it of it takes you to the wifi settings page and switch off as usual.

I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? Because I thought that it was included with 8.1 update package.

AND NO CORTANA

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly?
lumia Cyan is all about camera

gunghu

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
don't get your hopes high.. updated my L925 to Cyan the other day and green/yellow hue is still there..

Improvements noticed so far:

1. Sound Quality improved (at least in earphones). I always listen with earphones everyday.

Last edited:

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Only 4 quick settings for <5" screens, bigger phone got 5, nothing we can do about it.
About wifi, think about it, it makes sense: if it's off, the tap turns it on, makes sense, but when it's on, it takes you to list of wifis, which is useful for moving around places and quickly finding available wifis, how often do you actually turn wifi off?

that's great news, battery has never been a strong factor on 925

in what way exactly? there's notifications+actions under settings, where you can fiddle around with it.

I have a question - Do I need to install storyteller app myself? yes, you could've installed on wp8 already.

AND NO CORTANA search forums/google for 'get cortana outside US', basically you need to change your language and region to US and it should work. It's not very useful though, at least for me.

And one more thing. I noticed a new Maps app in addition to Nokia Here Maps. Can anyone tell me is it different from Here maps? Is it from Microsoft directly? Yes, it's M$ app, that you'd find on non-nokia phones.

I hope this clears up some issues. We've had 8.1 installed trough developer preview for months now, so there's already plenty written on this topic.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
don't get your hopes high.. updated my L925 to Cyan the other day and green/yellow hue is still there..

Improvements noticed so far:

1. Sound Quality improved (at least in earphones). I always listen with earphones everyday.

Aw man really? I saw Lumia 630 sample photos and they were basically showing that there was no yellow tinge. I thought for sure it would be fixed on all phones! But seriously. Amber was supposed to bring better photo tuning, in fact that's what broke the camera and caused the yellow tinge on older phones like 920. And then black was supposed to fix it, but nope. And now cyan, still nope!

What about shot to shot time, or continuous auto-focus? Any new camera features at all?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

AND NO CORTANA

Most of your notes are 8.1 related and not Cyan. Cyan brings supposed camera improvements and maybe some performance or battery life tweaks over 8.1 Developer Preview

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am 100% sure that we with 925/920 aren't going to get any bumb on the camera problems nor get any repair it. Lets face it regarding camera even the L630 will get more love (style of nokia, ms etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo