BE AWARE BEFORE BUYNG LUMIA 1520 expensive to repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Be aware before considering to buy Nokia Lumia 1520 .This is very fragile mobile.If you drop you have to spend 300$ just for screen damage.I spent more than 600$ to buy this and just after 2 weeks it slipped out of my hand and the screen is broken though I had a flip case(bought from microsoft store of 40$). Now when I contact Nokia/Microsoft center they are saying I have to bear the expenses.When I contact any cell repair shops they say I have to spend 300$ just for screen replacement.
Nokia claimed its very durable and not fragile like samsung/Apple. But it is not the case.It is very SLIPPERY and EASY TO SLIP OUT OF YOUR HAND.
consider before buying this worthless phone.Nokia/Microsoft should also consider maintenance/repair cost. Why anyone can spend 300$ for screen replacement?Apple/Samsung just costs less than 100$ for the same damage.My personal opinion its one of the WORST BUILD QUALITY and DESIGN from NOKIA...
Also there are many issues with Nokia Lumia 1520 screen overly sensitive,battery issues,reception,hangs and a lot.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it unfair to blame Nokia for your negligence? It's a phone for God's sake, not a rock like most of you make it to be, it's made of earthly materials that can get shattered not some alien metal that can survive the apocalypse. Given that, the phone is still solidly built but no where does Nokia advertise that the phone can't be damaged by a simple drop.

If you don't want to get it repaired by Nokia then buy a replacement screen online and replace it yourself for the same price that your quoted, $100 less than what a Samsung/Apple would cost

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: DO NOT BUY NOKIA LUMIA 1520..Very fragile,slippery, and expensive to repair..300$ for repair

I agree with you! I mean is a phone nor a plastic can!
You have to take care of them

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: DO NOT BUY NOKIA LUMIA 1520..Very fragile,slippery, and expensive to repair..300$ for repair

I hit a deer once, body shop wanted $3300 to fix it but I think Chevy should have to pay it because they claim their cars are 'like a rock'.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I doubt if you have ever handled nokia lumia 1520..I would suggest you to experience it for just a week and you come to know about its all cons...
I am blaming nokia for not my negligence..I am blaming for its maintenance/repair cost.By the way nokia/microsoft are not providing services to repair..You go to any local shop and let me know if anyone can replace the screen for 100$.
For any business to expand or grow quality comes first and also maintenance,customer service..Nokia was known for it long back and not now..I have had used many nokia phones from decades..But this product is not worth...

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I understand its not plastic..but doesnt they consider about the maintenance/repair cost?I am not sure how they tested in their lab either...I went with Nokia brand as they were know for their build quality.They claim Samsung is plastic/cheaper and iphone is fragile but I have used all 3 and used to pay just 60$ for my iphone screen damage..not half of the total cost of the phone.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I doubt if you have ever handled nokia lumia 1520..I would suggest you to experience it for just a week and you come to know about its all cons...
I am blaming nokia for not my negligence..I am blaming for its maintenance/repair cost.By the way nokia/microsoft are not providing services to repair..You go to any local shop and let me know if anyone can replace the screen for 100$.
For any business to expand or grow quality comes first and also maintenance,customer service..Nokia was known for it long back and not now..I have had used many nokia phones from decades..But this product is not worth...

Sounds like buyer's remorse mixed with a little bit of negligence. Next time, do some research. And if you can't keep a hold of the phone, don't blame Nokia.

BTW, this is an owner of a Red 1520. Uber slippery. I broke my screen, a few months back. I repeat, I, broke MY screen. And ,I, fixed it for $200. And ,I, learned a great lesson.

Your statements are inflammatory, this thread should disappear.

bufferz

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

it IS quality, but it is GLASS, that has a tendency to shatter when dropped. This is nobody else's fault but your own for dropping it. Nokia are supposed to say what exactly? "Oh dont worry about dropping that $600 phone, we'll replace the glass for $10"? Next time, either dont be so clumsy, or at least INSURE it then if it happens again you are covered! Nokia can charge what they like for spares, as im sure they didnt consider a butterfingers such as yourself dropping it!

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I am not sure what you mean when you say Inflammatory...this is letting others to think over the additional expenses,repair cost,etc..Yourself say it costed you 200$ for screen repair and I believe its within few months after your purchase..this shows how slippery or durable or watever you call..These forums should be learning lessons for others..

Joaquim Reis

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I have mine for 6 months, and not even a single time it was near slipping my hand, so its your own fault. If you have small hands its obvious that a 6 inch phone is too large for you, but you should have thought about it before the purchase.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

They make phone cases that combat negligence. I realize that the 1520 is a beautiful phone, but I have a case on mine at all times.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I have owned iPhone, Nokia 900, 920, and currently 1520 (since launch day), and all of them have been or are in a case. I have been fortunate enough to have never dropped any of them. But, accidents do happen - that's why all of them have been insured. Just like the repair cost of TV's and other electronics, when all is said and done, most of the time it is less expensive to replace them than to have them repaired.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Should have bought insurance on it! It's nobody's fault but your own... The screen is made of glass... Yes, and yes it is expensive to fix! That's why they have insurance!! I dropped my 920 and shattered the screen... Glad I had insurance! All I had to do was make the claim, and they shipped my replacement overnight... the deductable was tacked onto my phone bill. I've since upgraded to a 1020 and absolutely love it! But.... I know if I drop it just right, the screen will shatter like a wine glass. The Nokia Lumias are fantastic devices, and everyone on this site are super huge fans, so don't come on here telling everyone to "stop considering buying a 1520" and "Do not buy this phone" because YOU dropped YOURS! I really don't think you know where you're posting.. Or how ridiculous you sound.

We all know phones break if you drop them.. thanks!

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

hey Mr. Slip-***
Gorilla Glass are highly scratch-resistant, not break-resistant
one drop at the right angle is enough to shatter the screen

get your facts straight

and use your brain over your emotion

bufferz

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

better change the title to add "dont by galaxy s3s either" as, from personal experience, when you use them as internet radio whilst decorating, and knock them off your bannister rail upstairs, when they bounce down said stairs and land on the solid wood flooring, they have an issue with breaking into little bits, and the glass shattering, and the battery fizzing, all at the same time, hmmmm sounds far too fragile to me, maybe i should tell samsung that their phones are too fragile and should be designed with the intention of not breaking when thicko here knocks it flying, or just chalk it off to it being an accident, and get on with my life - see the light and get a windows phone?

As the saying goes, you try and make something foolproof, then a better fool comes along

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site

I have a 1320 I dropped it and cracked the screen cost me $20 to get a new glass panel from eBay so I fixed it my self.
Its sad to see idiots like this guy crying because he broke his phone really gets to you, I just wish I could help him

Maybe a kick to the side of his head.....

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I've p priced up the screens for the Nokia 1520 before and I do agree that it's a very expensive part. I've fixed plenty iPhone screens before and usually it's about 30 bucks in parts. The 1520 is about 200 bucks in parts. No cheap stuff at all.

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

Well good if you fixed for $20...But I see someother guys replying to this thread spending around 200$ within few months after they bought...Wish I could have been replaced for 20$ like you...

Pradeep GS

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I have seen many of them dropping their samsung Galaxy S4 and breaking into pieces not just screen..but the good part is, it is back as new by spending 100$...this is what they say maintenance/repair services...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss