Orange and Green backs

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I took the pictures at night with my Lenovo thinkpad 8 I can try a couple other camera's to see if I can get a better picture.

bertsot

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
FYI. Just ordered all the parts directly from the sellers website (see the link on post #60 under LED). The reason I went this route is because Ebay was charging individual shipping charges for each item, while the website charged me one flat fee. Ended up paying $60 instead of $85.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking that would be the best way too. But i had already picked up most things from eBay before realizing the site had everything

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks amazing! i cant wait to try it out, thanks! does the back have a nice tight fit? taking it on and off did make it loose or anything? what did you use to get he back off?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you could I just didn't want to mess with it. Because in a few months I'm going to trade it in for whatever new flagship phone comes to Verizon. I'm on the edge program and i didn't want to mess up the phone and wanted an easy switch when the time comes to trade it in. The NFC antenna and wireless charging coil feel just like stickers and I'm sure with some heat you could pry them up but I just didn't want to risk messing them up. I'll probably sell the green back once I'm done with it. And yeah I'll give the people here first shot at it rather than going eBay.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have changed the housing on my 920 several times and the wireless card is just stuck down. Likewise the other components you need to swap over to the new housing - the headphone port and the usb assembly. Applying heat with a hairdryer softens the adhesive and the parts peel off the old housing very easily. I'm sure it would be the same with the 930 back.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think i will stick to my white back (sounds racist?) and if i get brave enough just buy the green back. Nokia says to throw them away in the tear down as they are no longer usable, but who knows if that is not just their way of not wanting to be held accountable if they don't work. Anyway, 16k views that article did you wonders! hahaha

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Nice work, man! Looks fantastic. After thinking about it, I think I am going to try out a custom skin. I ordered a "CYAN" skin to cover the back, we shall see what it looks like.

moverton

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I never expected a post I started to be on the WPC front page. Most of the thanks should go to malachijd as he was the one that took the plunge on this. I hope to do this soon, but current pricing is holding me back. I will be keeping my eyes open for the parts though.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was quite surprised to see the article too. I was the one that tipped them and they even have a picture of my kitchen table in the article too. Oh and I'm planing on selling the green back when I change phones.

lansir

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have just ordered the Orange back with all the bits needed. Cheers for all the info and links, worked out $63 AUD so now I wait.
Will be putting onto the back of my black 930. Have read through most of this thread, have I missed what tools used? or was it easily done with basic around the house things?

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Have just ordered the Orange back with all the bits needed. Cheers for all the info and links, worked out $63 AUD so now I wait.
Will be putting onto the back of my black 930. Have read through most of this thread, have I missed what tools used? or was it easily done with basic around the house things?

Be sure to post pictures here!!!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077