Reducing Video's size

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I recently took a video that was 1.5 min and the size of the file was over 6 mb. I used the default settings. I was unable to enclose it in a text, or an email on the phone. I moved it to my computer but still was unable to email it as it was to large. I tried zipping it, raring it but could find no way to send it.

There has to be a way to reduce the size of a video as I can with photo's. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but how do the people who rip video movies and record tv shows reduce the size of their video's. I use Windows Media Center to record live TV on my computer and a half hour show in H D is over 2 gb while those available like on Pirate Bay a half hour show is only 200 MB so there has to be a way to reduce the size of phone video's and send them to my children.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I use Format Factory software. Try it, it's free. Just change your video quality from 1080 to 720 to 460 to xx

arepitt

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
like Sachinmeet said, use Video Compressor wp8 apps.... i use this apps to compress video when i want share video on whatassp... i give this apps 5 star

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a program called Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for years. Not free (About $50 US right now) but it does a very good job of resizing/compressing/cropping and light editing of almost any Video stock you can imagine (including optical-based media). Support (on the very few occasions I've needed) is very good for a Chinese operation as well.

Video Converter Ultimate–backup Blu-ray/DVD, convert video to MKV/ AVI/H.264…

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Freemake is supporting alot of formats, is easy to use and free. Not as advanced as mediaencoderhq, which supports more hardware accelerated encoding.

In short it all depends on kbit/s (bitrate) and how it is used. You might use different methods to reduce size if eg there is no movement = low bit rate and so on. Effective codecs (ways to compress video or audio) like h264 and aac can be a good compromise between size and quality. Also consider what you are displaying the file on , because full HD (1920*1080 dots) is waste if you never uses a device supporting more than 800*600 or 1280*720

Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb