Nokia Lumia 1520: A Hate Story

nirraj

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I would read that again because the one thing it doesn't say is that it will void your warranty.

This is what I read there...And I insist on the word "May"

In First Link

Will the Developer Preview void my warranty?
You may void any warranty of your mobile operator and OEM.

In second Link:

Important notes
There are a few key items that you must understand before you update your phone:

After you install a preview update, you may void any warranty from your mobile operator and OEM.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
None of my OTB Android phones have lagged ever, now my 1520, that has turned into a lagging pile of .

Catch up with IOS for animations?......Da ****?? Have you ever used a G2?? IOS is stagnant and has been for years.

As for Microsoft new to mobile os, umm windows mobile was out before IOS even got started.

Installed Wp8.1 DP I suppose? My 1520 is still going strong with WP8. Sad to hear that you have such a bad experience. I suggest Android will be a better platform for you.

G2? We are not talking about OEM skins or roms. Is the stock Android which is more interesting than the pieces of craps from different OEMs. G2 UI is freaking messy and confusing, just as Samsung TouchWiz. I will take HTC Sense 6 anytime if I really have to use an Android phone. Look at Android L with all the material designs, and different bold colors on different apps happening everywhere... I see no consistence at all. Trying to mimic animated on / off switches like Windows Phone? iOS released with transparent pull down notification shade and Android L now is also acting the same? Now who is catching up with who, you tell me....

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Been on 8.1 sense it dropped without issue except for the touch issue, phone has been smooth as butter till the last 2 weeks and has been going down hill fast. Did another factory reset without loading backup and it helped for a few days now its back to being a turd.

IE locks up, the camera is slow very slow to open, the music app is well we all know......nokia mix is laggy and slow, my notification pull down hangs and lags, SMS freezes at times as well all within the last 2 weeks. Like I said I've gone months on 8.1 without issue and a full factory reset only helps for a few days.
I used to praise this phone now it does nothing to **** me off daily add to that Microsoft's unwilling to listen to there core users (Xbox music) and the fact that Microsoft would rather waist there resources putting out apps for there competitors (Bing weather, can we get transparent tiles already?) too when they do put out an update for an app its half baked or taking away features.

Windows phone could be bad *** but Microsoft doesn't have it in them to take it to that level.

If you find Android confusing then apple and windows phone is probably better suited for you.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
My friends that have iPhones get a good chuckle when they ask me about my 1520.

Not because of the phone itself,but because of Microsoft's way of minimizing their failures with it's os.

This phone has so much potential,but what it doesn't have is parent company that truly understands all of it's user base,nor those who who would like to use it.

Cloud first for everything is somebody's wet dream that may seem great at the moment,but upon waking means you have to deal with the consequences of reality

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Installed Wp8.1 DP I suppose?
Now who is catching up with who, you tell me....
Android first with the drop down notification, apple followed, Android first with QHD, apple still using outdated retina technology, Android offers way more options or "consumer content" then apple does so yes who's chasing who??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb