Nokia Icon 929 in Canada

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The GSM side should be unlocked, like other Verizon LTE phones. I believe the CDMA side is locked down. Not sure if it will work on Rogers LTE network. You need to know the bands of Rogers LTE network and what bands the 929 supports. Hope this helps!

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i found this not sure if it helps know if it will work on either network! I'm hoping it does with bell :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why it wouldn't work with LTE on Rogers, it supports 700, 1700 and 2600, all of which are the same as rogers.

Guys are having the same problems on AT&T, not 100% working, even though the frequency bands match. although the icon is sim unlocked it still appears to be locked within Verizon or something.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys are having the same problems on AT&T, not 100% working, even though the frequency bands match. although the icon is sim unlocked it still appears to be locked within Verizon or something.

has anyone tried loading the 930 rom onto the icon?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The GSM side should be unlocked, like other Verizon LTE phones. I believe the CDMA side is locked down. Not sure if it will work on Rogers LTE network. You need to know the bands of Rogers LTE network and what bands the 929 supports. Hope this helps!

Verizon bands are 4 and 13 which do not match rogers band 7

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I saw another post where someone tried that and it failed. It sounded like they didn't try anything out of the ordinary though so maybe someone could hack a working version. Personally I would have just rather waited for the 930 if I was in Canada. The 930 will have 8.1 out of the box no screwing around required.

has anyone tried loading the 930 rom onto the icon?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Soo I just read the following post on another forum regarding the network detection errors.
Lumia Icon network detection erros - Nokia Support Discussions

I changed the highest connection speed to lte. Turned off wifi and ran speedtest.net. It's showing lte speeds even though the connection icon says "no signal".
I feel like I'm getting somewhere!!

so wwith your wifi turned off it stays connected to lte, the problem with mine on rogers is that it connects to 3g and then when it try to connect to lte its kicks me out and back down to edge, then to 3g. I don't know if its a software glitch or an intentional thing Verizon is blocked thru there customised software.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ya it does. Problem now is because it says "no signal", I am unable to send text messages haha. Calls still go through

Wait a couple weeks OmegaCell are getting a North American Variant of the 930 which supports all bands including LTE for all Canadian Networks.

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
So I broke down yesterday and installed the windows 8.1 preview for developer because I got tired of waiting for Verizon to release cyan. Switched over to lte under cellular settings and low and behold, I'm getting lte on Rogers! I couldn't be happier right now! Aside from no official cyan yet of course haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)