iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Charging Car Mount - ICON?

ctdreamin

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the "iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Charging Car Mount " with the Nokia ICON? I had to return the Nokia wireless car charger because it would clamp down on the camera button, I don't want to order this one if it has the same problem on the ICON.

Thanks,

dstock001

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had very good luck with the Proclip specific mounts, currently using one for my Lumia 928. I tried a couple non-specific mounts from others and they hit buttons on the phone and couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with demand.

I have an Icon on the way and have ordered the ProClip mount for it as well. The hardwire kit is a full 2.1 amps and keeps phone charged even when navigating and streaming music.

Not cheap but it's secure and fast charging!

Nokia*Lumia Icon*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

My first post here but no connection with Proclip other than user experience.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had very good luck with the Proclip specific mounts, currently using one for my Lumia 928. I tried a couple non-specific mounts from others and they hit buttons on the phone and couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with demand.

I have an Icon on the way and have ordered the ProClip mount for it as well. The hardwire kit is a full 2.1 amps and keeps phone charged even when navigating and streaming music.

Not cheap but it's secure and fast charging!

Nokia*Lumia Icon*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

My first post here but no connection with Proclip other than user experience.

But that's Micro USB. You would be missing out on all the benefits of Qi.

dstock001

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
But that's Micro USB. You would be missing out on all the benefits of Qi.

Nothing Qi can give me outweighs the benefit of having a fully charged phone after my hour commute. Also, the added benefit of having a mount the phone actually stays in, without hitting any of the side buttons, is additionally worth it.

ctdreamin

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
That holder looks very good, but, after having several phones with Micros USB charging, there is one problem I really want to avoid, eventually, the connection will get damaged. I have had to replace a phone because the usb port was damaged from all the use and went through several cables. I don't know why they insist on using micro USB for both charging and data transfer, it is just not the most durable design. That said, if I can't find a good QI charger that fits well, this may end up in my car.

dstock001

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been using fixed mount micro-usb car docks for years without a single issue. Now if it were a cable being plugged and unplugged all the time, with all the effects of cable strain in different directions, I can see your point. In this case and the case of previous Motorola car docks I have used, the phone is locked in place and there isn't any strain on the micro usb port. Anyway, just my 2 cents!

I haven't had any luck finding a 2.0 amp charger in the Qi variety with a solid mounting for the phone that doesn't touch the buttons. For sure stay away from the Chotech Qi holder/charger, it shook all over the place and the charge rate was horrible.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking at the iOttie too, wondering what the charge rate is and how well it works. I can't find any reviews though. Even though Qi charges slower I like that it is universal. That would allow us to charge our 928, Icon, GS4 and any other Qi phone. That said, I've been eyeing the ProClip also, but I really want a universal so my wife and I can use it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It looks like it would have the same problem :\. Were you using the CR-201 or the CR-200, OP?

Where do you see them on sale?

The CR-201 is actually called the "CR-200 updated" and according to Nokia it is compatible with the Icon.

Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder - Overview - Nokia - USA

The problem now is that Microsoft replaced the accessories app with the device hub app. In doing so, they broke capability to auto start the Nokia Car app and Desktop apps using the NFC tags built in to the CR-200 updated and the DT-910.

Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder - Offers - Nokia - USA

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This is an old thread, but the question never got answered.

Has anyone had experience with the iOttie Easy Flex Qi Car Mount and the Icon/930?

As long as it is Qi standard then it should work. As for the CR-200 updated, I got one and it works better than the original. They modified the rubber grips on the upper (right side) arm to allow for the Icon/930's camera button placement.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as it is Qi standard then it should work. As for the CR-200 updated, I got one and it works better than the original. They modified the rubber grips on the upper (right side) arm to allow for the Icon/930's camera button placement.

Can you elaborate on this or provide a picture? I have the original CR-200 but have a 930 on the way and I guess I need to get updated.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you elaborate on this or provide a picture? I have the original CR-200 but have a 930 on the way and I guess I need to get updated.

Sure. The rubber piece that grips the phone has a notch in it to allow for the camera button. It's something you won't see in pictures. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo