Lumia 1520 Camera behaving strangely

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Just was playing with the phone and noticed something odd...
Around the edges of the camera some objects seem stretched, also when moving left or right the phone that is, the camera would swoop left or right and then slow down, also the camera seems to focus in and out at times continuously. Strange behaviour in my opinion,however can someone post a video of moving their camera left/right with sudden movements to see if theirs do the same?
I'll try and upload a video soon!

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I know that the camera lens drifts around when you move the phone because of the optical image stabilizer. It takes a while to center so it floats around a bit then stops. I'm not sure about the stretching, but could be because of the wide angle lens used.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I know that the camera lens drifts around when you move the phone because of the optical image stabilizer. It takes a while to center so it floats around a bit then stops. I'm not sure about the stretching, but could be because of the wide angle lens used.

However this has happened recently, the camera takes a while to focus now and many times it wont even focus on images quite close that used to focus. Also in video it will 'shake' zooming in and out, but now it takes some time to restore itself. And the camera would just float as you have stated but not focusing, it seems like its loose and just needs tightening.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I wonder whether an optical component has come loose, or some other physical part of the camera....it doesn't sound to me like a software problem. Worth getting it checked.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I wonder whether an optical component has come loose, or some other physical part of the camera....it doesn't sound to me like a software problem. Worth getting it checked.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I shall assume so, as its now making rattling noises

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
All 1520s do this. I guess its normal behavior, its the optical image stabilization (moving left to right).

The stretched objects at the end of the pictures is due to the lens. I cant go into details but its due to the surface area of the lens that's "usable". More noticeable with 4:3 shots.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
All 1520s do this. I guess its normal behavior, its the optical image stabilization (moving left to right).

The stretched objects at the end of the pictures is due to the lens. I cant go into details but its due to the surface area of the lens that's "usable". More noticeable with 4:3 shots.

I understand that, however whilst in focus (holding camera button midway) the position would move slowly left/right/up/down. It never happened before and its just recently that I have noticed this, the picture quality is now grainy and not as sharp and now I hear slight rattling ( I noticed this when I had a defective Lumia 920 where it rattled and immediately when I got my 1520 I checked and it never did rattle) however the rattling is like bouncing springy type of sound not a thud thud...

Also to note I do still have heating issues, not as much as I used to but it's still noticeable, my battery doesn't last longer than a day despite only having WiFi on and just whatsapp running in background, I am on the latest wp 8.1 and did do a hard reset and started afresh. I am still wondering why my phone heats up and never lasts longer than a day in comparison to other users here getting at least 2 days. Just using internet explorer and typing this up my phone has heated up.

I don't want to be really unlucky and have ended up with a defective device, as my previous fiasco with Lumia 920, maybe I've done something wrong lol

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 with the Lumia Black firmware seems to be using the Snapdragon 800 chip ineffectively. I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 cores are being used for simpler tasks when they shouldn't, which would cause overheating and poor battery life. The Lumia Cyan firmware should, hopefully, help with processor management which would also result in better battery performance. Or maybe WP 8.0 apps don't function optimally with the new systems of 8.1. Time will tell...

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Then again, I did go straight to windows phone 8.1 rather use windows phone 8

Download Nokia care suite and downgrade to 8.0. Im tempting to go back myself. Not because of battery problems, but tthe original windows phone experience.

Transitions are smoother, the stock apps open instantaneously, definitely no stutters like in 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon