My 1520 picked up this bad habit of randomly rebooting.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just started doing this like 2 days ago while I was in the middle of updates.

I'm already expecting that someone will tell me to restore, but I'd rather actually fix it. Is there even any way to find out why this is happening?

Nitin Shet

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm I have had crashes only with UC browser while using YouTube...no one else has this issue though...but after restart its normal...but happens once in cpl days...but not while updating like uve had...lets see wat others say...im curious as well reg the restarts...

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It'll get on a kick where it restarts out of nowhere, then powercycle itself 3 to 5 times more... then be fine for a couple hours... and start right back up again.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It'll get on a kick where it restarts out of nowhere, then powercycle itself 3 to 5 times more... then be fine for a couple hours... and start right back up again.

Hard reset and restore and if that doesn't work then hard reset and don't restore.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just started doing this like 2 days ago while I was in the middle of updates.

I'm already expecting that someone will tell me to restore, but I'd rather actually fix it. Is there even any way to find out why this is happening?

This has been happening to me lately as well especially after the last 8.1 DP update. It's not aggravating to the point where I have to do a reset as it's only happened about once a day and I can live with that for now. I'm attributing it to not having the Cyan firmware. Hopefully it will be released soon and these kinds of issues disappear.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I wish mine were only restarting once a day. I've been trying to check steam sales and it's restarted six times already.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the random rebooting happening only when I'm on IE11.

I was a watching a video and turned the phone to landscape mode. Then I wanted to scroll down to read the comments and... BAM! the phone reset. I confirmed this by doing the exact same steps again and... BAM! reset again. I haven't had it happen in a couple of days though so it could be anything. I think it's IE11 related though.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing - rebooting for no reason.
I found that my camera decides to kick into gear every now and then too when I'm nowhere near the camera button.

Last night my phone (even though it had plenty of charge), used all it's battery (had around 80% before going to sleep and I only sleep 4hrs), and this morning it had shut down and a soft reset occurred because my date and time were all screwed up.

I hope an update, or The Update comes soon for the 1520. (I'm running WP8.1DP too).

Jesterman

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been doing it 3 or 4 times a day after the Cyan update, not sure if I installed an app that does not like the update or what. Yesterday while on hold using the phone it rebooted and I had to start over on the waiting list. Really sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos