How my Lumia 800 grew up into a 920

Kaffeebohnson

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey forums! I just want to share a little story :)

I got a cyan Lumia 800 about two years ago, because I simply fell in love with its angular design and bold color statement. It was the perfect phone for me, with a great looking OS. Even the lackluster App selection wasn't a big deal, since I mostly use my Smartphone for Maps, Whatsapp, and listening to Podcasts.

Unfortunately, the thing ran about as stable as a raw egg on a dirt road. If the battery got drained, chances were good that it simply wouldn't turn on anymore! I bought the phone in a small shop in germany, and while you can get your iPhone fixed in a matter of hours, sending a Lumia off for repairs always means waiting for weeks, even months at a time.

So, after barely a year my Lumia 800 broke for the first time and I had to send it in for repairs.
I waited for three weeks - and got a replacement phone with its screen already falling out in the package!
So, after sending that one back and waiting ANOTHER three weeks, I finally had my cool little Lumia back.

Another year later, the replacement phone broke, too! Fortunately the warranty had been renewed, and I sent it in.
Four weeks later, a package arrived - with the SAME broken phone in it! Since this was technically a different
phone than the one I had my receipt for, they simply sent it back. So I had to spent a week sorting this out,
and sent it off once more.

After about two months (!) and several frustrating phone calls with confused people in different companies,
I pretty much gave up on ever seeing my Lumia again. Nobody knew where my phone had dissapeared to and
if I even had warranty at all. I finally went and bought a small Nokia Asha 501 as a (surprisingly capable, for its price) replacement.

Then, a few days ago, out of the blue, my doorbell rang and I got handed a package! Upon opening it, the
empty packaging of my Lumia 800 fell out - and a brand new cyan Lumia 920! Talk about a happy ending!
It seems like they ran out of replacement units. Now, after about three months without a phone, I can enjoy
my free upgrade. It's especially cool because I actually entertained the thought of getting a 920 (the new
Lumias just can't compete with the bold edges of the 800 and 920) - but couldn't really justify to spent so
much money on such an "old" device. Now, I got my cake and can eat it, too!

10517370_814837218560933_1877461059737052216_o.jpg

Last edited:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
That's cool! :) Glad that your story has a happy end. Hope that you won't come across any issues with your beautiful brand-new Cyan cutie 😊

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I wish this was my story..... I can't stop dreaming of the day I'd get an upgrade to my L520, even though I love the WP8 OS in it but I still wish it had a flash at the back and a front facing camera...😓😓😓 God help my budget to be friendly enough for me to save up and upgrade.
Sent from my NOKIA L520 using Tapatalk or WPCentral app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720