Instead of Shutting Off, Phone Restarts

Smort

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone was running hot, so I decided to shut it down to cool. Instead of shutting down, though, it rebooted. When it was done, I waited a minute, and tried again. Reboot. Again. Reboot. Finally, decided to try a soft reset and that seemed to fix it. This isn't the first time it decided not to shutdown and restarted instead, but first time it did it three times in a row. At least the soft reset worked. 1520 on 8.1 DP -- hoping the "official" rollout takes care of these little issues.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine has done this loads of times. I put it down to the phone was doing something important and had to finish the job or it needed to cool the phone and can only do this when on. I'll worry more about it if it happens on the official release........

soul347

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue with my old lumia 920. Not sure how to fix it.

One thing to take note of is if your phone is charging, it will ALWAYS restart instead of stay shut down. Lumia phones cannot charge will shut down.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue with my old lumia 920. Not sure how to fix it.

One thing to take note of is if your phone is charging, it will ALWAYS restart instead of stay shut down. Lumia phones cannot charge will shut down.

I believe this is common to all WP devices, I also have 2 Samsung current generation WP phones that do this.

Cheers
BR

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Try to remove SIM and MicroSD (if present, don't forget to release it from Storage Sense). Then shut down, or restart and shut down. See if that make difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6