Good vs Bad in 1320?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A good friend is pondering between 1320 and some android device (Moto G or something.) I have convinced him on the OS, but the device is a bit of a hitch. He likes the 1320. But just wanted to ask what are the glitches in the device - Mind you, NOT in the OS. In the device 1320.

Would be really kind of you if you could note down the Good Vs Bad.

I am asking this cause I want to hear from people who have used the phone will be the best people to ask.

​Thanks!

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A good friend is pondering between 1320 and some android device (Moto G or something.) I have convinced him on the OS, but the device is a bit of a hitch. He likes the 1320. But just wanted to ask what are the glitches in the device - Mind you, NOT in the OS. In the device 1320.

Would be really kind of you if you could note down the Good Vs Bad.

I am asking this cause I want to hear from people who have used the phone will be the best people to ask.

​Thanks!

no issues at all,its a marvelous device,im sure your friend will like it
ask him to consider the 720 if he wants a smaller phone with a better camera or the 1320 for a decent cam and bigger screen

Col Panic

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a rm-995 unlocked
Had a prob getting tethering working on T-mobile. Might just be my carrier IDK. But its working now with the help from this website even the users on the Nokia forums referred me to this site. Lots of people have problems with 64GB SD cards so I got a. 32 works perfectly. I have no complaints and I haven't even used my laptop sense I got this phone as most things can wait until I'm at my split keyboard

iKarlito

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

I love the device. What I do miss are illuminated keys, but I got used to it. I was not able to use a screen protector or glass with my 1320 as the usability got limited. That's a problem which is discussed a lot.

All things considered I would buy it again and recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap 6 inch phablet :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

I love the device. What I do miss are illuminated keys, but I got used to it. I was not able to use a screen protector or glass with my 1320 as the usability got limited. That's a problem which is discussed a lot.

All things considered I would buy it again and recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap 6 inch phablet :)

i totally forgot about the illuminated keys thing,was a big drawback for me when i got a 625 before i swapped it for an 820
op's friend should check out the device beforehand to get a feel
one thing is for sure, the moto g is no where close to the 1320 in terms of esthetics and usability
i myself have a moto e as a spare phone,terrible design and battery life,should have got a 525 instead

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The cons....
Just keep in mind that i am running WP8.1 preview
So some things might be solved during the official update in combination with Cyan.

Anoing is when you are using something heavy that you can feel the temperature rising on the topside of the Phone.
When you do a softreset, the OS sometimes need to scan the SD card, that can take some time ( how larger the card how longer it takes ).
Sometimes the camera ( Nokia Beta ) don't responce after a second or a third shot. ( its a beta version, the Original MS cam i have no issues ).

In my opinion its NOT a phablet, just a bigger phone.
Because a real phablet has surtain options like a special stylus for taking handwritten notes and do some drawings or editing.

But besides al that the rest is only a big pro
Its a good and nice phone to work with.
Its simple and easy.
I am quite possitive about it.
It is that the 1520 is a little bit more pricyer, otherwhise i would go for that.
But than only for the camera and to be honest i think its better looking.
But for the 250,- or so extra i think that does not justify the better camera ( and the better hardware ).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The cons....
Just keep in mind that i am running WP8.1 preview
So some things might be solved during the official update in combination with Cyan.

Anoing is when you are using something heavy that you can feel the temperature rising on the topside of the Phone.
When you do a softreset, the OS sometimes need to scan the SD card, that can take some time ( how larger the card how longer it takes ).
Sometimes the camera ( Nokia Beta ) don't responce after a second or a third shot. ( its a beta version, the Original MS cam i have no issues ).

In my opinion its NOT a phablet, just a bigger phone.
Because a real phablet has surtain options like a special stylus for taking handwritten notes and do some drawings or editing.

But besides al that the rest is only a big pro
Its a good and nice phone to work with.
Its simple and easy.
I am quite possitive about it.
It is that the 1520 is a little bit more pricyer, otherwhise i would go for that.
But than only for the camera and to be honest i think its better looking.
But for the 250,- or so extra i think that does not justify the better camera ( and the better hardware ).

fair enough,lumia 720 is also worth considering with regards to camera if he wants an exeptional camera at a lesser rate
it all depends on his needs and budget

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Big plus: If you drop it and dent or scratch the back case, you can easily unclip it and change it for another. Means you can also change the colour when you want to.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
no issues at all,its a marvelous device,im sure your friend will like it
ask him to consider the 720 if he wants a smaller phone with a better camera or the 1320 for a decent cam and bigger screen

I just ditched my 720 because I thought the camera wasn't upto par and 512 RAM bothered me. The only reason I am getting 1320 is for RAM, Processor and screen size with slightly better camera (from reviews online!)

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't at all recommend the Lumia 1320. The Adreno 305 GPU being utilized in the 1320 is unable to support the 720p display.

Many users of the 1320 have been experiencing scrolling issues in many apps, possibly due to the weak GPU.

Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Just read that there were a few,
but the problems came after the DEV preview 8.1
I notice nothing about the above statet issues.
Only when i swipe fast up and down a large page, ( yep running WP 8.1 DevPreview ).

For some comparison

List of Nokia Mobiles - GSMArc.com

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Exactly the Same.
Before the dev preview i had no such issues. Not on my 1320 and my 520, they both did fine before the preview.
The simplest reason why is that the dev preview is not yet 100% build for individual handsets.
So issues where part of the risk.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Exactly the Same.

Before the dev preview i had no such issues. Not on my 1320 and my 520, they both did fine before the preview.

The simplest reason why is that the dev preview is not yet 100% build for individual handsets.

So issues where part of the risk.

This isn't an issue related to software, I saw it on Windows Phone 8 and it is occurring on Windows 8.1, it isn't such a big issue.

On Android if you scroll too fast the GPU still tries to render content but scrolling becomes laggy, on the other hand on Windows Phone and iOS the GPU stops trying to render to ensure faster scrolling.

This isn't really an issue, it is fixed by more powerful hardware.

However the jerky scrolling issue on Lumia 1320, is a real issue being experienced by some people.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This isn't an issue related to software, I saw it on Windows Phone 8 and it is occurring on Windows 8.1, it isn't such a big issue.

On Android if you scroll too fast the GPU still tries to render content but scrolling becomes laggy, on the other hand on Windows Phone and iOS the GPU stops trying to render to ensure faster scrolling.

This isn't really an issue, it is fixed by more powerful hardware.

However the jerky scrolling issue on Lumia 1320, is a real issue being experienced by some people.

More powerfull hardware, sure thats one possibility....but this is not Google / Android.
MS tries to let even the lowbudget phones having the same OS experience as the highend.
Thats a complete other approach then Google does.
Google/Droid and there oems let you hang out to dry as soon as you bought it.
I have learne my lesson wel with Htc and Samsung, good hardware no doubt, but the support on updates....tralala still waiting
Just wondering how many updates the Moto gets.
Even on my little big 520 i had more updates then on most of my droids.
Gdr 1 / gdr 2 amber/ gdr3 black ( and of course the little updates in between )
So thats no comparison.

I believe when i read the Droid Fora the Moto has is own problems as well.
Brand new they all work great, problems are comming after a while
Thats the "problem" with Fora, most people are starting to search and post when a product has issues.
When everything is 100% in order, than there is for them no reason to look for on the net.

But this is a WP forum, and the poster asked about wp devices ;-)
I have further no issues with my wp phones, only the browser lagg, but thats a split second and i cant read that fast anyway.
So yes, the 1320 is a good bargain for the money

But the camera of the 720 is better than the one of the 1320.
And dont forget that the 720 is one of the dinosaurs of the wp8 devices just like the 8 and the 920 al good phones but getting old.
But besides that they are stil in the race and stil getting support.

Just wondering....how many Droids are that old and stil getting support???????
Now now, lets be honest.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
this is just untrue
512mb ram is only a limitation for a few games
i own a 720 and 820,no difference except 720 has better battery life and camera performs better in low light
people calling it underpowered etc have no idea what they are taking about and probably havent used the phones at all
this isnt android where we need a specs war to get a device to make calls and use apps,all WPs do that perfectly unlike android
as for the scroll bug its due to poor optimisation and occurs on even a 1520(just tested on my brothers phone)
1320 has a decent camera at best,nothing compared to the carl zeiss lumias(720,820,822,920,929,928,1520,1020,2520 :p ) at all
if op is into gaming or a larger screen,1320 is better otherwise 720 is a better choice for photos etc and there isnt a performance lag like people exagerate

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
My suggestion would be to hold off from purchasing any device right now, the 720 isn't really the most powerful device either.

I would recommend waiting for another mid-range Nokia device, such as the Lumia 830.

But if you had to choose between Moto G, Lumia 720, and 1320 I would say:

Don't go for 1320!

If you want a decent camera go for 720, if photography isn't your preference go for either Moto G or Lumia 630.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

630 is a bad phone compared to 720,1320 and moto g
moto g lacks an sd card slot and feels cheap,1320 and 720 are much much better in camera ,performance,updates except maybe games

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I just ditched my 720 because I thought the camera wasn't upto par and 512 RAM bothered me. The only reason I am getting 1320 is for RAM, Processor and screen size with slightly better camera (from reviews online!)

why didnt you like the 720s camera? i agree i has gone down in quality after each update but cyan will fix it to where it was when portico was the latest update
ram isnt a limitation in WP unless your into gaming,sure the browser takes a while to open sometimes but thats about it atleast for me(i also own a 820 in addition to a 720),screen size etc is certainly more on 1320 for those who prefer it but 1320 lacks a carl zeiss camera and isnt at par with 720 in this matter
also 1320 lacks illuminated keys
overall either phone is great depending on peoples needs,i love how nokia/MS has left soo many lumia options for the same price, theres a phone for all types

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
New to 1320 but I've noticed no mentions on outdoor visibility. It's fantastic. camera is poor and probably purposeful since $300 US is a great deal. battery life is great. Over 2 days of use for me. using 8 (not 8.1). Glance screen another nice feature. Flash has low light output. Getting 10Mbit/s on hspa.
Camera really upsetting. No worse than 520 but just seems purposeful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo