Which color will/would you choose?

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I have been drawn to the Lumia colors ever since they first came out, and fell in love with the Cyan 800. Unfortunatley my carrier only had black, so unless I wanted to pay double price sim free, I had to settle for that.

Planning my upgrade, I was on the verge of going for a yellow 1020, but the 930 won me over with the sleek design and great HW, so I finally decided I could let go of half the megapixels... but what about the colors?

Black is just way too borning for me, a black phone is so... common. Like a grey car. White? Way too iPhoney and have a feeling shows smudges the most. Green? OK, I am bold, but not that bold, plus with that bright green being the trademake of the Nokia fakedroid line, I would not get caught dead with that. So orange it is for me - different enough, but still a warm color, it's been growing on me ever since April.

But what about you? What color will or would you choose if you were about to grab a 930? Take the poll!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My choice would be cyan, but sadly I'm not seeing much in the way of new cyan phones.

Green!
I would do fine with orange too, but I'd prefer green. If I could actually get a green 920...

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Black or probably orange. I'm a fan of the older colors red/yellow/cyan/(1520)green though!

Edit: id like MS to bring back 920 grey!

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.. it's funny. I kept reading in the availability thread that everyone was going for black, yet that seems to be the least favourite color picked here.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Got my green one ordered via ee
EDIT: not anymore ee are not doing the green although told people they are and had me believe that I ordered the green

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I voted green, but I'm not 100% sure of that yet. I went to see the phone live. Orange looked great, just as advertised, but the green seemed brighter than what the pictures showed. It still looked great, but perhaps a bit too flashy for my taste. Black is always a good, subtle, professional-looking option, but the colored ones look so amazing that I'd like something other than black. My 920 is black and I love it, but I did want the red one more, however I didnt like the glossy finish so the reason I opted for black was the matte finish. Now finish isnt the problem, so I guess I'm leaning towards green. Orange is great too, but just not quite my color.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think we need some real world photos of these phones from people who have them. Some people say the orange is bright as hell (like highlighter orange) and is fairly distracting. Pictures don't seem to indicate, I thought it was kind of a subdued bright orange. Im thinking the green is going to be the same thing but from what ive seen it doesn't seem like a super bright neon green but just like a bright pastel green.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think we need some real world photos of these phones from people who have them. Some people say the orange is bright as hell (like highlighter orange) and is fairly distracting. Pictures don't seem to indicate, I thought it was kind of a subdued bright orange. Im thinking the green is going to be the same thing but from what ive seen it doesn't seem like a super bright neon green but just like a bright pastel green.

The thing is that flash/lack of flash distorts the color every time. It's just about impossible to really get a truthful picture of the color other than seeing it with your own eyes.

I think the orange in this picture is quite accurate:

nokia-lumia-930-3.jpg

The green however doesn't seem that accurate in that pic.

This picture seems to be closer to the green, although it's a bit darker than it is and sorta lacks the neon-like brightness, but it still gives a better image of the green IMO than the official pic from Nokia that I linked above.

Lumia_930_back_bottom.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99