Any way to roll back to 8.0?

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
At&T Neo. I know Nokias have the Software Recovery Tool or Updater for Retail. Anything similar for Samsung? I wanted to do some 8/8.1 testing

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes samsung has firmware updater (flashtool) and firmwares. Im on my Ativ so hard to search links, but search my posts here at WPC. I gacr links to everything, flashtool, usb drivers and few 8.0 roms to someone else a month or so ago.

I have flashed my Ativ few times, simple as 1.2.3. You will lose all you data though.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Now I saw you have the NEO. I have the regural intl version, so cant say can you get everything to yours, but search and you will find out.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
There is a way! I ended up resetting my phone with the 8.1 update, and lost data functionality. I loaded up a GDR3 ROM, and everything is back to normal!

For some reason, when I try to post my solution, this site thinks it is spam, so I had to post it to my blog here: Data is lost after installing the Windows Phone 8.1 Update on the Samsung Ativ S Neo on Sprint (SPH-I800) ;

Thanks for posting this. I rolled my phone back to 8.0 and found I was actually missing the GDR3 update. don't know how I missed that one but everything seems to be running just fine now. Back on 8.1 DP and happy as a clam! :grin:

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There is a way! I ended up resetting my phone with the 8.1 update, and lost data functionality. I loaded up a GDR3 ROM, and everything is back to normal!

For some reason, when I try to post my solution, this site thinks it is spam, so I had to post it to my blog here: Data is lost after installing the Windows Phone 8.1 Update on the Samsung Ativ S Neo on Sprint (SPH-I800) ;

Great news for Sprint users, but this thread was about the AT&T Neo, which doesn't have a rom in the wild.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yes please help on this: lost my mms after 8.1 dp preview: was working fine until after the update: on ATT; ive tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium